Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

console question

Options
  • 20-11-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice on buying a console for my 12 yr old daughter. She has a wii u and enjoys that, but really likes this minecraft game that isnt available on the wii. I'm planning to buy her a second console and minecraft game for xmas. Although I need it to be brand new, as its her xmas present, i really can't afford to pay a lot for it, and besides she will only use it to play minecraft and the odd platform game. She won't be going online. I've looked at the ps3 and xbox 360. Would either of these be suitable? If indeed they are, would anyone know a good place to keep an eye on for deals, especially with black friday coming up? I really don't know anything about gaming so I thank you for any help....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Hey, yeah you can grab it on the 360 and you could probably pick up one of them for very cheap now (try Adverts and CEX stores).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tesco and carphone warehouse had a clearout recently and were selling the xbxo 360 very very cheap. that'd be my first port of call If I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just did a quick search and theyre available again

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Shop/Tablets-Accessories/All-Accessories/Microsoft-Xbox-360-250GB

129 is a steal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

^^

this would be your best bet for a brand new model from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Thanks guys - 360 it is then, although it seems carphone warehouse are out of stock sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Minecraft started out on PC and while a PC seems like a much bigger more expensive option, lots of things are PCs now. You could get a windows 10 laptop/tablet, if I'm not mistaken minecraft is also on their phones, and I'm fairly sure they have decent parental controls on them these days.

The benefit of the tablet/laptop is that there's the potential that she wouldn't just use it for minecraft, a PC would open up a lot of creative opportunities.

Advertisement