Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A great discussion between Joe Rogan and Christina Sommers

Options
  • 19-11-2015 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Since there is a lot of talk in this forum about Men's rights, Militant Feminism, Male Feminism, and all this protest and outrage culture etc. i think this video is a good watch.

I think this is a very rational and relaxed discussion about the sexes. Honestly i think the majority of men and women fit into this bucket but its the minority with their extreme views that scream the loudest and garner the most attention.

For me its refreshing to see two people have a rational discussion about such a hot topic as the most of what we see in the media is the extreme views that register the most clicks and page views.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Could you provide some highlights? A 3 hour conversation is a bit much...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Seriously?

Christina Sommers is a feminist who runs a youtube channel 'The Factual Feminist' which debunks the main stream feminists narative and statistics.

She's come to the to the forefront for her association with GameGate and speaking up against the illiberal left.

She's often the victim of noplatforming and protests in colleges.

The interview is on those topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

That is a great watch, some really good points raised re the gender pay gap and how women are generally happier in their jobs and do less dangerous jobs and that these numbers are not being taken into account when the pay gap is shouted about.

Simple fact is many of the jobs women naturally pivot towards do not pay as much as jobs men naturally go for and thats the market at play and nothing to do with sexism that people are willing to pay more for one job than another

Advertisement