Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protection case for Samsung S6

Options
  • 19-11-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Looking to buy a protection case for my Samsung S6 in the event it may fall and crack, can anyone give me a recommendation, is Gorilla case the way to go

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

castle wrote: »
    Looking to buy a protection case for my Samsung S6 in the event it may fall and crack, can anyone give me a recommendation, is Gorilla case the way to go

Tks

Never heard of a gorilla case. I thought that refers to the glass made by Corning. To protect the screen any of the Tempered Glass screen protectors on Amazon.co.uk will do the job. Pay as little as possible I reckon and don't be fooled into buying any of the expensive 20 euro + instore ones from Zaag or other brands. They are all basically made in the same 2 or 3 factories in China anyway and rebranded. Having said that, if you don't feel confident applying it yourself Carphone warehouse will do it for around a fiver but I think you have to buy the protector there. Incidentally they do sell the Zaag protectors and offer a lifetime warranty in store if it breaks (instead of having to send it off to Zaag yourself for replacement) so might be worth considering if you think you will have the phone a good while.

Anyway, the 5 best protective cases in my view for the S6 while still keeping it relatively slim are the Spigen SlimArmour and ToughArmour, Otterbox Symmetry, UAG Protective Case and Tech21 Evo check.

I have tried all of these and I highly recommend the UAG and it can be had in some Meteor shops for around 30 euro. The Otterbox is a similar price and can also be found in store. I just feel the UAG has the edge on it in terms of looks and protection. The Spigens can be ordered off Amazon.co.uk or from the Spigen store directly in the UK. Stay away from Ebay over knockoffs. The Spigens have a kickstand if that matters to you but unlike the UAG and Otterbox are not military drop tested and the back tends to scratch easily. Finally the Tech21 while very slim I feel make the S6 too wide and are very expensive for what they are being simple gel cases with tech21s custom drop protection material fused into the edges and corners.

Here is a review of the UAG
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8yCnPePzM8

If you want to take it further and don't mind how thick the case makes you phone then the Otterbox Defender or any of the Ballistics cases are the way to go but they make your phone look like a brick.

Finally there are super slim cases like the Casemate barely there, Spigen liquid crystal, ultra hybrid and neo hybrid. I would not consider any of these drop protective but the best of them is probably the neo hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Have 2 spigens slim armour and hybrid depending on where im going and tempered glass protector.

It's taken a few knocks but no phone damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Apparently these guys are great.

https://dbrand.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Zero shock protection though and it's easy to make a balls of putting it on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Hi took your advice and went for the UAG for 30E really sleek and looks great tks
    Flaccus wrote: »
    Never heard of a gorilla case. I thought that refers to the glass made by Corning. To protect the screen any of the Tempered Glass screen protectors on Amazon.co.uk will do the job. Pay as little as possible I reckon and don't be fooled into buying any of the expensive 20 euro + instore ones from Zaag or other brands. They are all basically made in the same 2 or 3 factories in China anyway and rebranded. Having said that, if you don't feel confident applying it yourself Carphone warehouse will do it for around a fiver but I think you have to buy the protector there. Incidentally they do sell the Zaag protectors and offer a lifetime warranty in store if it breaks (instead of having to send it off to Zaag yourself for replacement) so might be worth considering if you think you will have the phone a good while.

Anyway, the 5 best protective cases in my view for the S6 while still keeping it relatively slim are the Spigen SlimArmour and ToughArmour, Otterbox Symmetry, UAG Protective Case and Tech21 Evo check.

I have tried all of these and I highly recommend the UAG and it can be had in some Meteor shops for around 30 euro. The Otterbox is a similar price and can also be found in store. I just feel the UAG has the edge on it in terms of looks and protection. The Spigens can be ordered off Amazon.co.uk or from the Spigen store directly in the UK. Stay away from Ebay over knockoffs. The Spigens have a kickstand if that matters to you but unlike the UAG and Otterbox are not military drop tested and the back tends to scratch easily. Finally the Tech21 while very slim I feel make the S6 too wide and are very expensive for what they are being simple gel cases with tech21s custom drop protection material fused into the edges and corners.

Here is a review of the UAG
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8yCnPePzM8

If you want to take it further and don't mind how thick the case makes you phone then the Otterbox Defender or any of the Ballistics cases are the way to go but they make your phone look like a brick.

Finally there are super slim cases like the Casemate barely there, Spigen liquid crystal, ultra hybrid and neo hybrid. I would not consider any of these drop protective but the best of them is probably the neo hybrid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement