Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new/old toy, a Shopsmith 10ER

Options
  • 19-11-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

A couple of months ago I bought a Shopsmith 10ER second hand on Done deal.
    For those of who dont know what it is, this is a multipurpose woodworking machine. In horizontal mode it is a woodturning lathe, a disc sander, a table saw , a band saw and tool grinder. In vertical mode its a pillar drill, a spindle moulder and a drum sander. It takes less than 5 minutes to change from any one mode to another.
    This is one of the original Shopsmiths made in America in 1953. I have found it to be fantastic, I use it almost every day.
    Is there anyone else in Ireland with one of these machines? I would be keen to make contact with them and perhaps start up a thread dedicated to this machine. I have had to make several spare parts for mine that were missing so I might be of help to other members.
    Im not sure how to post pictures here, perhaps someone could advise me.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Can you post a photo of it I love old toys :) This is not quite the same just a little restoration project I did on a INCA combination tool.

2013-01-02113118.jpg

20130128_184256.jpg

20130128_161153.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭imakebiodiesel

Very nice, it took a lot of elbow grease to clean up those metal surfaces like that. Im not sure how to post pics, do I need a hosting site like photobucket or can I just upload a jpeg directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭jack of all

Fergal, in relation to your Inca, I recently found an old woodworking magazine (UK) from the late 70s/ early eighties with an advertisement for that machine. If you'd like it I could post it onto you, PM me if interested.

Advertisement