Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first vegan Christmas, Advice?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

As the title says, this will be my first Christmas as a vegan. I wont miss the meat but don't know what to replace it with. Additionally, it is my first ever Christmas with my in-laws :eek: So I'm eager not to make a fuss and just bring something for myself that can be reheated quickly. Does any one have any good ideas? What do you do for Christmas diner?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I started off making nut roasts, easy and cheap enough to make. Then I started buy a meat-style roast thing from a health shop, cheatin' style beef or turkey roast for around €8This year I am getting this roast for €24 Bit more expensive! http://moodleymanor.com/moodleymeats#!/Moodleys-Christmas-or-any-holiday-Roast/p/57014127/category=0 which will be delivered before christmas. If you got/made a roast thing, you could just heat it up and bring it around.

Sometimes I just make do with all the different types of food there is without any sore of meaty thing, there tends to be a lot of sides, roast potato, mash potato, loads of veg, gravy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Same as above really sometimes if I have the time I will make something otherwise I just buy a ready made thing or enjoy all the lovely sides.

This year I plan to make this http://www.veganricha.com/recipe-pages/vegan-lentil-quinoa-loaf

Advertisement