Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Audio

Options
  • 18-11-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Anyone get one just pulled tge trigger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Are they now available? I put myself on the wait list when they were first announced and each time I've checked since they weren't yet available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are they now available? I put myself on the wait list when they were first announced and each time I've checked since they weren't yet available.

Just bought it on the Google store.
    Not play store if this helps.

I see them now. Currys are also stocking them now I see. I'll pick one up over the weekend.

I see them now. Currys are also stocking them now I see. I'll pick one up over the weekend.

I paid €39 how much in PC World?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hootanany wrote: »
    I paid €39 how much in PC World?

Same price.

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    Same price.

I hope the getting a call while listening is wort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

Hootanany wrote: »
    I hope the getting a call while listening is wort it.

the cc-audio works like the regular chromecast, it picks up a stream as directed from a compatible app (google play music, spotify etc), and doesn't stream audio from the phone the way a bluetooth speaker would. music may be paused for a call, but the audio for the ringtone and call will still come out of the earpiece or speaker on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

So connect this with phono cable to my stereo amp, and steam flac files from a PC to it? Simple as that? 24 bit files.

No, not as simple as that unfortunately. You'll need an app that will support streaming of the file format you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

No, not as simple as that unfortunately. You'll need an app that will support streaming of the file format you have.
    bubbleUpnp may add support for it, they already support the 1st gen CC for streaming audio / video from a upnp/dlna device

• Advertisement
Advertisement