Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on on the Kilkenny Road ...

Options
  • 18-11-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

... does anyone know? Road layout changed significantly and big building site on the left as your going out before the Dolmen. Looks like it could be a service station. Although I heard today it may be a new building for the VEC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Yeah its the Vocational school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

What's going to happen to the old building?

IT Carlow are acquiring it and the grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

..Brian.. wrote: »
    What's going to happen to the old building?

Pretty sure the I.T. bought the site as part of their expansion plans

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

The IT have major expansion plans going ahead apart from current project.

They are also planning to provide student accommodation I'm told which will be a huge disappointment to the many rogue landlords out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I think ITC are planning sports facilities on that site beside the new VEC site.

Some of the pitches on the current site will become parking/new buildings I gather.

An underground/multi storey parking option might be on the cards a la DCU.

I heard that they are extending the N80 ring road - Castlecomer Roundabout around Graigue, over a new bridge and joining a new roundabout at the Kilkenny Road in front of this new build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

JaCrispy wrote:
    I heard that they are extending the N80 ring road - Castlecomer Roundabout around Graigue, over a new bridge and joining a new roundabout at the Kilkenny Road in front of this new build.

That would be a good idea they need another way over. The new round at Graigue will.be ready the end of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

It's been over 4 months now since this roundabout on the Kilkenny road began and they are still at it. In the past week they put down tarmac and then ripped it up again. The length it's taking to do this job I'd hate to see them do a motorway.

Advertisement