Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Rental Campervans

Options
  • 18-11-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience ( good or bad ) of purchasing Ex Rental Campervans? - 2007 Knaus in particular.

Besides the fact they are slighter cheaper, is there any major pros or cons to them?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

They will probably have higher mileage than a private MH due to constant use over the seasons they were rented. Follow on from that would be all other aspects of the MH would have gotten proportionally more use than a privately owned MH.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Huddlejonny ,
    I know nothing about Knaus motorhomes but I know a bit about rentals .
    The main reason ex rental campers are priced so keenly is , as kol said above , they will have been subject to a lot more use and in some cases abuse .
    Having said that , rental campervans are usually kept in tip top condition , often better than privately owned campers .
    These motorhomes are cleaned spotlessly after every rental , sometimes twice a week . All on board appliances , heater , fridge , cooker , boiler etc would be regularly checked and repaired when necessary You can expect to see some wear and tear on the upholstery and little damage and knocks here and there but overall I feel that ex rentals are very good value for money .
    We have 2 x 2013 Rimor for sale at the moment for €36,000 , that's a saving of at least €10,000 or €15,000 on their market value .
    Kevin. www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

If you're not looking to trade anything I think it would be well worth a look. As demoreino says the van will have been professionally managed during a short but intense life. We got our first van in in this way (abroad admittedly) and it was a bargain.
    Given the scarcity of quality stock on the market at the moment it may be one of the few options for securing a good used van.

Advertisement