Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC adapter ASUS

Options
  • 18-11-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

AC adaptor will not work laptop when battery is out,when battery is in it will charge it to 100% then battery runs down to 10% when it tells you to put on charger(AC Adapter).even though charger is still on i have to switch it off then on again before laptop starts charging again.Manual says once ac is plugged in battery should only drop to 95% before ac starts charging battery again (it was doing this but in the last few months this is happening).So Battery working perfect,adapter charging perfect but no power to laptop when battery out.Would there be a fuse on motherboard thats gone that would stop ac power to motherboard but still allow the battery to charge.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is it a genuine Asus charger? And what about the battery? Is it original?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Is it a genuine Asus charger? And what about the battery? Is it original?

Yes,about a year old

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there

Could be that you have set your power options wrong go to control panel and then power options and create new plan and set it to what you want to do,also if that doesn't work I would recommend getting a new charger either universal one and check that then report back here and see if you still have the problem I know you said your charger fine but could be fault somewhere that's why I suggest getting another and make sure it same voltage and your other one other wise you could fry motherboard.hope I helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

kodistar wrote: »
    Hi there

Could be that you have set your power options wrong go to control panel and then power options and create new plan and set it to what you want to do,also if that doesn't work I would recommend getting a new charger either universal one and check that then report back here and see if you still have the problem I know you said your charger fine but could be fault somewhere that's why I suggest getting another and make sure it same voltage and your other one other wise you could fry motherboard.hope I helped.
    Nothing at all in control panel power options for direct AC connection,have dell adapter, output 19V 46Amp Asus is 19V 47Amp polarity on both same will 1 amp make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there,

It easily could better off with right voltage and the right ac,i I know people that did it with wrong ac and laptop was useless always go by what instructions manaul says.

• Advertisement
Advertisement