Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Band 1S

Options
  • 18-11-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

This new Mi Band has released about one week, but still no people post about it on this forum, so no one takes the interest in this new version with the heart rate monitor?

Maybe the price of it is not good enough? The best price now is still gearbest for $25.99, and tinydeal also has limited offer for better price with $19.99, geekbuying is $26.99.

The review on youtube seems not bad. The heart rate monitor can help a lot for people who always do some sports.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Where is it released?
    Still coming soon on Banggood

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Where is it released?
    Still coming soon on Banggood

gearbest, TinyDeal and geekbuying, both of them has been on presell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Don't buy from Gearbest

Don't buy from Gearbest

the shipping of order has some problems? or any other issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

So it hasnt been released yet?
    Still on presell?

I presume once its released BG will email me as i asked to be alerted on arrival.

I suspect this is why there are no reviews yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have the original Mi Band, and it's a great little device. Didn't cost more than €15 I'd say, and it's great. Captures my steps/etc, the app is good and gets updated all the time, and the fact I can get notifications buzzing on my wrist means my phone is never taken off silent.

I'd be interested in seeing how the new one looks/works - if somebody picks one up please do throw up a quick review.

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    So it hasnt been released yet?
    Still on presell?

I presume once its released BG will email me as i asked to be alerted on arrival.

I suspect this is why there are no reviews yet

it has released, but the stock fo each store is not enough, maybe you need to wait for several weeks if you order them now.

dulpit wrote: »
    I have the original Mi Band, and it's a great little device. Didn't cost more than €15 I'd say, and it's great. Captures my steps/etc, the app is good and gets updated all the time, and the fact I can get notifications buzzing on my wrist means my phone is never taken off silent.

I'd be interested in seeing how the new one looks/works - if somebody picks one up please do throw up a quick review.

yes, the miband is a good device with low price, this is why it was hot before.

The new one adds heart rate monitor, you can watch its performance from the video I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have the cable off one of these (original version or new version) that they don't need anymore? I bought an original version about a month ago, the battery is actually really good as I got about 5 weeks out of it. I went to recharge it the other day and can't find the cable for it.

I've ordered a replacement cable from China but it will probably be 4/5 weeks by the time it gets here and my band is dead now. Alternatively if there's anyone who wouldn't mind giving me a loan of one for a few hours to recharge my one in around Dublin City Centre I'd be grateful. Thanks!

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot but does anyone have the cable off one of these (original version or new version) that they don't need anymore? I bought an original version about a month ago, the battery is actually really good as I got about 5 weeks out of it. I went to recharge it the other day and can't find the cable for it.

I've ordered a replacement cable from China but it will probably be 4/5 weeks by the time it gets here and my band is dead now. Alternatively if there's anyone who wouldn't mind giving me a loan of one for a few hours to recharge my one in around Dublin City Centre I'd be grateful. Thanks!

I think maybe next generation of Mi Band need to consider to solve this problem, if it is possible to charge the Mi Band with the replacement cable. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Leone90

whether to buy it? The heart rate monitor is real?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

The site that cannot be mentioned is offering the 1S for $22.99 with code S1IMEGB

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snuffelkees

Leone90 wrote: »

yeah. it does not measure your heart rate continuously but when you activate it in the app (or at set intervals if you activate the 'running' part of the app.)

Leone90 wrote: »

I think the heart rate monitor is real, good enough for daily use, but if you want it accurate like professional one for athlete, it might not be a good one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Did anyone get GadgetBridge (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge) working with this? Reports of it working online but I can't get the app to pick up the band.

d31b0y wrote: »
    Did anyone get GadgetBridge (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge) working with this? Reports of it working online but I can't get the app to pick up the band.

what can we do with this app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Whoops, my link is wrong.
    https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge

Basically an open source alternative to the likes of the official mi fit app and mi band notifications app.
    Features (Mi Band)

• Mi Band notifications (LEDs + vibration) for
      • Discovery and pairing
      • Incoming calls
      • SMS received
      • K-9 mails received
      • Generic Android notifications
    • Synchronize the time to the Mi Band
    • Display firmware version and battery state
    • Synchronize activity data
    • Display sleep data (alpha)
    • Display sports data (step count) (alpha)
    • Display live activity data (alpha)
    • Set alarms on the Mi Band
    How to use (Mi Band)

• When starting Gadgetbridge and no device is visible, it will automatically attempt to discover and pair your Mi Band. Alternatively you can invoke this manually via the menu button. It will ask you for some personal info that appears to be needed for proper steps calculation on the band. If you do not provide these, some hardcoded default "dummy" values will be used instead.
      When your Mi Band starts to vibrate and blink with all three LEDs during the pairing process, tap it quickly a few times in a row to confirm the pairing with the band.
    1. Configure other notifications as desired
    2. Go back to the "Gadgetbridge" Activity
    3. Tap the "MI" item to connect if you're not connected yet.
    4. To test, chose "Debug" from the menu and play around
    Known Issues:
    • The initial connection to a Mi Band sometimes takes a little patience. Try to connect a few times, wait, and try connecting again. This only happens until you have "bonded" with the Mi Band, i.e. until it knows your MAC address. This behavior may also only occur with older firmware versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

d31b0y wrote: »
    Whoops, my link is wrong.
    https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=nodomain.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge

Basically an open source alternative to the likes of the official mi fit app and mi band notifications app.

Have you been using this? Finding it any good?

So I got it, and it all seems OK so far except for one thing, there's always one thing.

I've a Motorola moto x style with MM 6.0. I can't seem to pair the miband to my phone, it see's it as a Bluetooth device, I just can't pair it which limits some of the functionality.

I tried one solution whereby I used a Bluetooth 4.0 scanner I found which scans for low energy Bluetooth devices, my phone sees the device but still won't pair.

Anyone else run into pairing issue and found away around them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Did you try going though with the Mi Band app? As far as I remember it guides you though the pairing part. You dont need to do it manually.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Did you try going though with the Mi Band app? As far as I remember it guides you though the pairing part. You dont need to do it manually.

Yes I can connect the band via Bluetooth. The unlock feature requires the band to be paired with the phone as a trusted device, I am unable to do that pairing bit. It appears to be a thing with Motorola devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Oh ok. I have Sumsung, that feature works fine with it.

Advertisement