Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value android smart watch?

Options
  • 18-11-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Teenager wants a smart watch under the tree, I seen one on living & social €39, anybody know are these any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Chinese ones are rubbish. Screens from the 90's and build quality like a Rustlers packaging.

Moto 360 1st gen. for around €150 is a great option. Lovely smartwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

Techmaster wrote: »
    The Chinese ones are rubbish. Screens from the 90's and build quality like a Rustlers packaging.

Nonsense there are plenty of upcoming Chinese watches worth getting excited over. The Elephone ELE, the Mlais smartwatch etc. Unfortunately they probably won't make it in time for Christmas. The Moto 360 is probably your best bet if you want a proper smart watch in the mean time.

If €150 is too pricey, then take a look at this one http://hometheatrelife.com/no-1-s3-smartwatch-review/ it looks the part and gets decent reviews. Places to buy it are included in the review and if you order now, it'll be here in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Nina2 wrote: »
    Teenager wants a smart watch under the tree, I seen one on living & social €39, anybody know are these any good?
    Steer clear I'd say - my wife picked one up on Aliexpress for $13 (probably the same one you saw on living & social!) - wasn't even worth that.

I'd agree with above - Moto 360 is you're best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Techmaster wrote: »

yes, the material of Chinese smartwatch is also cheap, the quality can not match up with some big brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

The LG G Watch is an older model at this stage but you should be able to pick it up for around €100

Its perfectly acceptable as a Smartwatch...does the basics very well and averages about 2 days battery life.

Advertisement