Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Music-->One Plus Two?

Options
  • 17-11-2015 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Sorry about another One Plus Two thread. I am a long term (from the beginning of time) Mac user and also have an iPhone 4s which is chugging along at this point. I rely on my phone hugely for work, and music related functions are the most important to me in phone choice. I use spotify and youtube on a daily basis in work with the phone hooked up to an amp, and I also create and record backing tracks at home for various uses, which up until now I have transferred on to my phone via iTunes on my Mac.

I badly need a new phone, but I cannot justify the iPhone 6s price tag. Would the One Plus Two be a good option for me taking the above priorities into account? I need to be able to transfer music from the Mac with relative ease fairly frequently.

I have read a lot about the original and the new phone and love the bang-for-your-buck aspect and the large screen.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I've the +2 and use it alot for music while I'm driving. I think double twist is a great music player app but there are loads others. Spotify and YouTube work like they would on any other phone.

I have all my music tagged pretty well with winamp on Windows and albums in separate folders in the music folder but for an android phone its just copy and paste over usb. The music ends up listed in the app like in winamp.

From a quick Google looks like all you need is a app for your mac called android file transfer and you should be good to go. There's a bunch of articles on the subject like this one from android central:

http://m.androidcentral.com/how-get-your-itunes-music-your-android

Actually there's an interesting bit in that article about using double twist to do the file transfer /syncing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thanks for the reply. I'll get reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Double Twist = Amazing! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I should probably look into some of its more powerful capabilities myself!

Advertisement