Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water tanks fails to heat up enough

Options
  • 17-11-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey

I live in an apartment that uses a Economy 7 Quartz system as in this one;

www horstmann co uk/products/heating-and-hot-water-controls/electric-water-heating-controls/economy-7-quartz

For years it has worked fine. Recently the hot water ceased to work in either the shower or the taps. I contacted the landlord and a plumber arrived and replaced both thermostats which he told me were spent.

Problem solved ? no. Now the temperature is warm but not as hot as it used to get. The shower on the highest temperature is warm at best and the taps are a little better.

There is a boost setting on the Economy 7 Quartz Unit which works but the smart heating of the water otherwise does not.

Does this sound like a thermostat issue ? maybe one was faulty or not installed correctly and the tank is only heating half as much ?

I used to take hot showers any time of the day but not anymore. Obviously I cant continue to use the boost due to the expense.

Anyone have a similar experience or any advice for me ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You really need to get an electrician out to check the electrical connections, the stat, the time clock and the immersion element.
    The immersion element could be starting to deteriorate and the electrician will be able to check everything correctly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Walter Becket

Sounds to me like he fitted a faulty stat. If I had done the work I would hope and expect that you would call me back to fix it. Nobody's perfect and even new parts are sometimes faulty.

Advertisement