Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Gas, C02, Water question

Options
  • 17-11-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering could somebody help me with a problem. I know I am being stupid but cant work it out.

In an experiment, we have 6 flasks linked up together by a rubber tubing, in a sealed system. We have an injector into the line that links all 6 flasks.

My boss wants me to calculate, when we inject CO2 into the system what is the capacity for CO2 to be contained within the whole system.

He was saying I could fill each of the 6 flasks with water and then calculate in weight how much each hold and then add it up... but how would that tell me how much CO2 can be circulated in the system?

How do I convert the weight of water that the whole system can flow into CO2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

All the Best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I guess you're trying to find out the volume of the system.

Pure water weighs 1 kilogram/litre.

Find the weight of water, and you've found the volume of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cladonia

Thanks for your reply.

And we if we know the volume of the system, can what the capacity of the system is to circulate CO2 in L's or something?

Lets say I add up all the flasks and the tubing etc, and the total water it holds is 850 ml's.

Thanks for your help,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Looks like Henry's Law.

Advertisement