Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faux Leather Leggings

Options
  • 17-11-2015 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi

Where is the best place or the best brand to get faux leather leggings from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭borabora

I got a really nice flattering pair from Mango about 6 weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Misguided had a big selection a while back. Try dressmylegs.ie too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks guys, appreciate your help :)
    borabora wrote: »
    I got a really nice flattering pair from Mango about 6 weeks ago...
    Would you by any chance have a link to them or know the style name/number?

I had a look on the Mango website but couldn't find leather leggings, could only find ones that were a mix of leather and regular material, they aren't what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

Wow. Gorgeous leggings and tights on that site! Already have a couple in my cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Any luck?im on the hunt myself too :)

• Advertisement

Gal44 wrote: »
    Any luck?im on the hunt myself too :)
    None so far :(

Penneys had some in and I tried them on, they were awful.

They were baggy around the arse (back and front), baggy at the backs of my knees, felt like plastic and didn't exactly look good.

Really disappointed as I would love to get a pair. Would even take a pair of leather trousers to be honest. Think I would prefer those, maybe with pockets (even fake pockets) etc or something.

Saw gorgeous RI ones on eBay but unfortunately they weren't in my size :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

I am in LOVE with these leather trousers - tried them on a few weeks ago but sit a little low for me

http://www.zara.com/ie/en/woman/trousers/skinny/faux-leather-biker-trousers-c498025p2814003.html

While looking for the trousers I found the leggings... Ive never tried them on so cant vouch for them. Also in Zara. :cool:

http://www.zara.com/ie/en/woman/trousers/leggings/faux-leather-leggings-c498023p2845112.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39 adohar

Newlook had them a few weeks ago too. SIL has them and likes them though I haven't tried them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Bought high waisted coated jeans that looked like leather in New Look. Was head over heels about them, they looked amazing and fitted perfectly. Threw them in the wash as per instructions and they got absolutely destroyed. The coating came away from the material and looked awful after one wash. Such a pity because I was properly enamoured!

Bought a pair of leggings in Topshop a couple of years back that still look good but are a little on the small side at the moment :o Have a look there too because the ones I bought were really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Bought high waisted coated jeans that looked like leather in New Look. Was head over heels about them, they looked amazing and fitted perfectly. Threw them in the wash as per instructions and they got absolutely destroyed. The coating came away from the material and looked awful after one wash. Such a pity because I was properly enamoured!

Bought a pair of leggings in Topshop a couple of years back that still look good but are a little on the small side at the moment :o Have a look there too because the ones I bought were really good quality.

I have those same coated jeans from NL and I love them but they have yet to go into the washing machine for this very reason. I was just wiping them with a cloth but it feels a bit manky.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone will check out all those places for the trousers/leggings. Appreciate all your recommendations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I got the leggings and jeans from New Look - the leggings are so comfy - I had to size down if you are buying online. Unfortunately I fell over when drunk at the weekend :eek: and now the knees are all scuffed but was actually having difficulty seeing a replacement pair on the website!

I have those same coated jeans from NL and I love them but they have yet to go into the washing machine for this very reason. I was just wiping them with a cloth but it feels a bit manky.

When you wash them, will you please let me know how it goes just in case mine were somehow faulty. I'd love to get another pair but don't want to if they're just going to be destroyed again! Maybe if they were put on a really cool delicates wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

When you wash them, will you please let me know how it goes just in case mine were somehow faulty. I'd love to get another pair but don't want to if they're just going to be destroyed again! Maybe if they were put on a really cool delicates wash?

I might try hand washing them?? The fabric doesn't seem like it would be absorbant so I'd say they would dry ok if they were hand washed very gently :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I got the coated jeans from New Look also. They are fab! They look tiny but there's a good give in them. I nearly panicked earlier reading that a few of you had washed them and they didn't come out well. I washed mine last week (40c) wash with other darks. They have been sitting in the ironing basket since. Just checked them a lunchtime and they are ok!! I didn't give them any tender loving care in the wash, just fired them in with other darks, didn't turn them inside out, used persil liquid and Tesco fabric softener and washed at 40c.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I bought a nice pair last week in Vera Moda. Can't wait to wear them out! :)

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I got the coated jeans from New Look also. They are fab! They look tiny but there's a good give in them. I nearly panicked earlier reading that a few of you had washed them and they didn't come out well. I washed mine last week (40c) wash with other darks. They have been sitting in the ironing basket since. Just checked them a lunchtime and they are ok!! I didn't give them any tender loving care in the wash, just fired them in with other darks, didn't turn them inside out, used persil liquid and Tesco fabric softener and washed at 40c.

Ah, I must've just been unlucky with my pair. I wish I'd said yes to the exchange now but I just didn't want to risk it happening again! Bought Topshop coated Jonis now but haven't worn/washed them yet. They don't feel as nice as the New Look ones but they do look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

any tips on how to tighten up leather look trousers... :confused::) cheers!

Advertisement