Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for your childminder/creche

Options
  • 17-11-2015 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

This is the first year I find myself in this situation and would appreciate some feedback from you more experienced parents.
    What do you give to your childminder or creche for Christmas? My little girl is with a childminder three days per week and I would like to give a present to her from my little girl. However I'm not 100% sure what to give. I could give a voucher for a restaurant but that isn't something just for her really. I know she likes to get her nails done so was thinking of a voucher for the nail bar she goes to?
    Any other suggestions or ideas would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

I got my childminder a €50 one for all voucher last year and a yankee candle. She seemed happy with it. We paid her for the two weeks that we were away over Christmas so I thought that seemed fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

My one and a half year old is in the toddler room with two minders. I was thinking of getting both of them vouchers for a shellac manicure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

xalot wrote: »
    I got my childminder a €50 one for all voucher last year and a yankee candle. She seemed happy with it. We paid her for the two weeks that we were away over Christmas so I thought that seemed fair.

€50 is around what I was thinking of spending. Our arrangement is that when she takes holidays I don't pay her but if I take holidays outside of this prearranged time I will pay. So the time off over Christmas is cost neutral in terms of childcare. The Yankee candle is a good idea.
    detoxkid wrote: »
    My one and a half year old is in the toddler room with two minders. I was thinking of getting both of them vouchers for a shellac manicure.

I'm leaning heavily towards the nail voucher too. I had thought of a restaurant voucher but thats not for just her I imagine her husband or sons would get the benefit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a term time minder who I pay 2 weeks holidays at end. She has other kids too. I was only going to get her something small like a Yankee candle etc max €20 and get own children who are teens a selection box each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

One of my sons minder sin crèche was leaving today so got her a lovely gift set in Lush. They have lovely sets for all different prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement