Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN'T WE PLEASE JUST IGNORE THEM?

Options
  • 17-11-2015 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Dear all,

I pop into this forum and other Irish chess fora from time to time and have been pretty appalled at the sort of stuff that is being posted, pretty much all by two individuals. I've seen some of their PMs as well, and they are even nuttier than their postings, believe it or not.

I have a suggestion, and forgive me ignoring my own advice:

I mean just that: ignore them. Don't engage with them. We know there's no point discussing with them as them have no interest in logic and facts. Don't bother with 'factual corrections' either -- anyone who would believe their rubbish probably won't believe your correction, and they have an endless number of totally unfounded 'allegations' to post about you.

By making these irrelevant persons a topic of debate in Irish Chess we are giving them the oxygen they need to continue their idiotic rantings. I bet if they are ignored here and elsewhere they simply dry up and blow away.

Of course it's fun to bait them and watch them overwork their fingers in their replies, but it really does no one any good and at the end of the day it makes Irish Chess look like a joke to the outside world.

So please:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

I hear you bro :) but "the truth" will come out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Just add them to your ignore list then you will no longer see their posts job done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Alas, they go beyond the realms of the boards.ie ignore list!

Advertisement