Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for model suggestions to fit this spec

Options
  • 17-11-2015 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Budget is about a max of 1200 inc VAT and I'd need availability by the first week of December. Ideally I'd have all of the below but may be willing to accept missing out on one item if all the rest were perfect.

Skylake i5 or i7 processor
    At least 8GB of RAM
    Aluminium Casing
    Backlit Keyboard
    13 to 15.6" screen

I like the idea of a dedicated graphics card and some models I'm looking at have them, but it's not an essential for me. Weight is also a concern but not critical. It probably only becomes important if I end up looking at the 15.6" sizes as they naturally weigh heavier than the smaller models

If I had to sacrifice one of the features, I'd probably lean towards the aluminium casing followed by the backlit keyboard. I don't think I'd want to compromise on the others.

I can get a Dell XPS 13 that fits all of these technically speaking but while the screen is 13.3", the casing is essentially an 11" laptop which is smaller than I'd like, so I'm wondering what other options I have.

I've seen references of the new Asus N and HP Envy series which look like they might fit but they don't seem to be available yet and I can't see confirmation of price.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Advertisement