Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto E frozen

Options
  • 16-11-2015 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there , Have had a Moto E for a year and a week!! and just updated the OS yesterday as kept getting messages flashed up. I had done nothing with the phone in the year and use is pretty basic - spotify etc.
    Was working yesterday but kind of clunky. This evening it has gone onto the M (Motorola symbol) screen and is stuck on it. I cannot do a hard reset (Vol down/Power and so forth) - the fastboot screen comes up but then once you select option it just goes back to M screen.
    No amount of pressing power button, fiddling with vol up and down etc will change screen. Its Moto E so I cannot take out the battery.
    Any ideas and if in worst case scenario phone has serious issue will Motorola sort it out given outside warranty. Do they have any obligation given it was fine till updated and therefore must be issue with the update. Any other way round this "bootloop" as I think it must be after reading about these things on the tinterweb!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

You should be able to power the phone down by holding the power button pressed for 15 seconds.
    Get into fastboot and from there into recovery.
    Fastboot is a pain on Moto and buttons work differently to most other Androids in it.

From powered off hold volume up for 3 seconds the press power as well for about 2 seconds then release. Once in fastboot use only volume down to move through the menu because volume up means select on Moto. So once you are over "recovery" press volume up to select it.
    In recovery the buttons work more normally, volume up and down do as you'd expect, and power selects. Try wiping the cache partition first and see if that gets rid of the bootloop/frozen boot.
    If that doesn't work, go back into recovery and wipe the cache and data partitions (basically factory reset), but be aware that this will wipe out your installed apps and settings, plus files like photos and music.

Speaking from experience of my own current situation you do not want to be dealing with Motorola about warranty if you can avoid it.

Advertisement