Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mergesort and quicksort java

Options
  • 16-11-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I am doing java in college and understand the algorithms for the above in pseudo code etc.

I am trying to find a website that will allow me to walk through the java code and explain step by step how it works to myself .

I have the code in java it is just to complicated for me at mo to comprehend without help.

Would any of ye experts have a website that could help at all?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Probably the best visual example I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Seridisand wrote: »
    Probably the best visual example I've seen

ya thanks for that, i get how it works and with recursion, i am trying to wrap my head around it line by line in java for an assignment.

thanks for posting anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Use system outs then.
    Its what I did to understand how algorithms work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

If the OP is using an IDE such as NetBeans or Eclipse now might be a good time to learn how to use the debug feature. You can set your breakpoint anywhere you want in the code and the program will pause at that point. You can then use the buttons to step through the code and observe what variables change on each line. Debugger will become your best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

If the OP is using an IDE such as NetBeans or Eclipse now might be a good time to learn how to use the debug feature. You can set your breakpoint anywhere you want in the code and the program will pause at that point. You can then use the buttons to step through the code and observe what variables change on each line. Debugger will become your best friend.

Thanks for your help. I just discovered the de bug works great .

• Advertisement
Advertisement