Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doing Art outside of school Leaving Cert.

Options
  • 16-11-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm really sorry this is long and doesn't make a lot of sense but I really need help.

I'm in 6th year now. I am doing 8 subjects including LCVP but two of them are ordinary level so I won't be using them for my points. I need around 500 points (doing engineering in college). One of the subjects I'm doing is physics but I have failed the past two tests at higher level. My teacher isn't helping. I have told him I find it hard and he said its grand, just do exam papers and study. I have been doing this but it's not really helping that much. I know even if I do study I won't be able to get the points I need to get in this subject to get 500, especially if I drop down to ordinary level. Which is something I would feel better doing right now because I'm am really stressed about it. However physics isn't one of the requirements of my course but it will be helpful to have. I was wondering if I started art as soon as possible and speak with the art teacher and principle about the projects and practicals would it be a good replacement points wise? I did it for junior cert at higher level and was the only one in the whole year who got an A. My teacher also advised me last year that I should have kept it on because I was good at it. I also got an A in higher level history and I loved it as well. So that will help with the theory.

Any advice would be appreciated. In case anyone is wondering there is a chance I will follow on with art later on in life or even in college if engineering doesn't work out. Also dropping any other subject isn't possible as the two ordinary level ones are German and Irish. The rest are ones I need for the courses.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing's impossible. It would be unlikely you'd get the grade you probably deserve in Art, which is a shame since it sounds like you have talent, but you could probably give the Art History a bash and cobble together something for whatever option your school does.

Talk to the Art teacher. I'd be worried mainly about the effect it would have on your other subjects, whoch you need to do quite well on for the points you need.

Advertisement