Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting

Options
  • 16-11-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I'm looking to move about 10 small to medium sites from a VPS to a shared or reseller hosting package.

They're pretty light on requirements in terms of space and resources.

The thing is, I'm a bit out of the loop on Irish hosting recommendations.

Can someone PM me any recommendations for reseller or multi-site hosting?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had major issues with their webmail facility. 4/5 emails you send with attachments will have the attachments removed. And the recent attack was a complete headache for me. Apart from that, I had a client calling me to ask what was going on with their email and when I sent to investigate it, the blacknight control panel had reset a CNAME record all by itself which left my client having no mail for hours, and my client's clients calling them to ask what was going on. Pretty embarrassing for all involved.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Hope they're fair questions.

There's a fairly long standing boards rule that bans the discussion of specific hosting providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Graham wrote: »
    There's a fairly long standing boards rule that bans the discussion of specific hosting providers.

Graham - hadn't realised. Ill jump on LiveChat with the company and ask directly. Obviously I'd rather have independent feedback but appreciate rules is rules!

Advertisement