Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Advice

Options
  • 15-11-2015 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a laptop and was hoping some of you could help me out.

I'm going to college soon so I'll be needing one that I can take notes and write essays on. It has to have a good battery life. I would also like to watch alot of TV/Movies and stream football matches on it. Finally I would like to use it for a small amount of gaming, nothing more than Minecraft or Football Manager 16.
    My price range is >750 euro. Obviously the cheaper the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

FM 2016 is the item on your list that requires the highest specs, so use that as your benchmark guide.

For the full/best FM experience, I'd recommend an I5 processor, 8GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics card. However after a quick look around that puts you right on the extreme end of your budget. Therefore you need to assess whether you are happier playing FM with smaller database or lower quality graphics. If you are you'd get away with an i3 and/or an integrated gfx card and then you'd have far more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 option

the new Dell XPS 13 (and 15) is my recent choice (6th intel generation processors)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Thanks,

Would an i5 and an Intel integrated graphics card make FM2016 run alright? I don't need it super fast just not too slow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

You'd also need to consider your RAM but yes i5 and an integrated gfx card would be absolutely fine. You might have to lower some graphics settings, but FM the game isn't dependent on graphics so the i5 will be perfect for it if you have enough RAM

Advertisement