Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing charging point

Options
  • 15-11-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

We just bought the rolec universal 32amp wall pod. Can somebody recommend a good certified electrician please, D15? Also any info. About how much would it cost for installation? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

peaceboi wrote: »
    We just bought the rolec universal 32amp wall pod. Can somebody recommend a good certified electrician please, D15? Also any info. About how much would it cost for installation? Thanks

The cost would depend on the length from fuseboard and difficulty installing cabeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Ballpark 200-300. Put it up on tradesman.ie and you should find interest from an electrician

Run the cable yourself, find out what to run, a friend, relative etc can run it from consumer unit to location of charge point. All the electrician then has to do is connect either end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Run the cable yourself, find out what to run, a friend, relative etc can run it from consumer unit to location of charge point. All the electrician then has to do is connect either end.

Well actually two things. The electrician must be RECI registered and he has to certify the whole installation, if some an instal involves mods to the distribution board.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

BoatMad wrote: »
    Well actually two things. The electrician must be RECI registered and he has to certify the whole installation, if some an instal involves mods to the distribution board.

Not exactly true, the installation needs to be certified, by reci or one of the other certifying bodies in Ireland. Any electrician is capable of installing it safely just make sure they know is will be tested for certification.
    Of course it can be difficult to find a company willing to do the certification on work they did not do, but not impossible and perfectly within the guidelines.

• Advertisement

I don't think any electrician cares if someone runs a cable themselves.

If it's just one single continuous cable run then anyone can run this, from the consumer end to the charge point end. The electrician then terminates it either end, including installing the RCBO.

Even mounting the charge point to the wall and leaving some cale inside isn't an issue.

I had to run the cable myself , no problem and saved me a few quid !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi How much please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

PMed you info of the guy I use

I don't think any electrician cares if someone runs a cable themselves.

If it's just one single continuous cable run then anyone can run this, from the consumer end to the charge point end. The electrician then terminates it either end, including installing the RCBO.

Even mounting the charge point to the wall and leaving some cale inside isn't an issue.

I had to run the cable myself , no problem and saved me a few quid !

I didn't say you couldn't , merely that it all has to be certified

for 32A 6-7 sqmm twin and earth in a suitable trunking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi How much please

We bought for 395e Rolec 32amp un tethered
    from Evcompany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

We bought for 395e Rolec 32amp un tethered
    from Evcompany

Just wondered who takes care of the associated monitoring over t he mobile service, or is this not an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

reboot wrote: »
    Just wondered who takes care of the associated monitoring over t he mobile service, or is this not an issue?
    Hi...didn't get you.
    What monitoring you meant?
    We just installed outside our home

Hi...didn't get you.
    What monitoring you meant?the the
    We just installed outside our home[/QUOTE
    Sorry, not wishing to confuse the subject, but I can only speak to the situation in N.I.
    Ajfaik the free CPs ,supplied via Ecarni.com, and Renault, include the owner giving permission for monitoring of the usage over a mobile signal ,the Tx of which is built into the CP.In fact my mobile coverage is marginal, and I was told, "no sig no CP"
    The same monitoring I understand applies in the public CPs where the Tx works over all mobile networks.
    Perhaps none of the above applies in the south, Joe Mac Car thy would know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Ajfaik the free CPs ,supplied via Ecarni.com, and Renault, include the owner giving permission for monitoring of the usage over a mobile signal ,the Tx of which is built into the CP.In fact my mobile coverage is marginal, and I was told, "no sig no CP"

f that, one of these n a few more bits and away you go

http://w3app.siemens.com/mcms/infocenter/dokumentencenter/ce/Documentsu20Brochures/e10003-e38-11t-g2131-7600.pdf

http://i.imgur.com/y2MMaSc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

gctest50 wrote: »

Do you have a source for the Siemens controller or a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

If you get a free charge point there may be a monitoring agreement, this was a private purchase so he doesnt need it monitored

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    If you get a free charge point there may be a monitoring agreement, this was a private purchase so he doesnt need it monitored

Wha'ts the point of some EVs being monitored in Ireland and not others, surely its a lot of Euro money involved in the project, tha'ts why I have to stand in the cold and wet repeatedly and call Dublin Abtran on my mobile. No one in the North is interested in faulty CPs, especially NIE now ESB, and parts and a man have to drive from Munich on a regular basis.

id be F'ed if I'd allow anyone to monitor a specific device connected to my domestic service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement