Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for a 'bag' to be secure ?

Options
  • 15-11-2015 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I don't drive, have to walk 10 minutes even to the bus. I'm out in the weather a lot. Hence I'm forever wearing a functional 'school bag' , which is fine, I can carry a lot in it, and it feel's secure.

However it's not very 'stylish' and make's me look like a student even though I'm well into my 30's. Hand Bag's are usually only for Christmas parties and even then feel less than safe wearing one on the street.

Does such a thing exist as a relatively secure 'bag' by that I mean that I could carry my bit's, a few thing's from the supermarket ? they are not designed for shopping or bad weather are they?

Thought's and recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

S :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't think any bag will be very secure. But maybe you could look at the brands that do travel bags too and look at functionality a bit differently. Mandarina Duck comes to mind. This one can be worn as bigger or smaller and has adjustable strap.
    http://www.mandarinaduck.com/irl/en-gb/catalog/detail/mellow-leather-shoulder-bag/fzt67?ic=oYQ8Wg%3D%3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Schoolbags have their problems too - someone can put their hands in without you seeing - can't happen if it's in front of you like a handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Schoolbags have their problems too - someone can put their hands in without you seeing - can't happen if it's in front of you like a handbag.

I agree, and very prone to opening if there's any weight in them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Spirogyra wrote: »
    I agree, and very prone to opening if there's any weight in them...

Personally I use a big structured bag that closes that I can fit over my shoulder. If it has a zip I leave the zipper in front of me so nobody can open it behind my back. Then for comfort I hold onto the straps with my hand.

Alternatively, a satchel might be right up your alley. I love satchels :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Personally I use a big structured bag that closes that I can fit over my shoulder. If it has a zip I leave the zipper in front of me so nobody can open it behind my back. Then for comfort I hold onto the straps with my hand.

Alternatively, a satchel might be right up your alley. I love satchels :)

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I've been using a Riutbag for the last year. They're a tad expensive but they function so much better for me than regular backpacks. I have the new smaller sleek version in black preordered as well. Great for public transport and travel and I bring mine to the office everyday, much more comfortable than carrying a laptop in a satchel.

09_RIUTBAG_R15_BLACK_3_4.jpg?format=750w

Advertisement