Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dremel 3000 to sand Boat's wheel?

Options
  • 15-11-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Fremel = Dremel :) (how do I edit the thread title)

I have an old boat wheel (presumably teak) that I am trying to tidy up & mount. I started to sand the intricate parts and was using an old dremel with some success. However the tool just gave up on me, so was planning to replace it, but thought I would check first if a dremel 3000 is a good tool for this, or if I should be considering something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

tombrown wrote: »
    Fremel = Dremel :) (how do I edit the thread title)

I have an old boat wheel (presumably teak) that I am trying to tidy up & mount. I started to sand the intricate parts and was using an old dremel with some success. However the tool just gave up on me, so was planning to replace it, but thought I would check first if a dremel 3000 is a good tool for this, or if I should be considering something else?

For the flat and accessible parts nothing beats a random orbital sander. For the hard to reach bits have a look at the 3M scotchbrite varnish and paint remover disk available on Amazon. It mounts in a standard drill and is fantastic at removing surface crud and old varnish. Hand finish with 240 grit

Advertisement