Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby climbing on table

Options
  • 14-11-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

His do you stop your child from climbing on stuff like tables and killing itself?

Like seriously, nothing is safe from our 18 months old. Are there any secret tricks to prevent a kid from climbing stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Other than telling them no, and removing them from the table, nothing really... I take my son down and he's back up 10 seconds later, laughing at me. So good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We got rid of any coffee tables, side tables, tv stand, bookcases etc. the only table we have is our kitchen table! We had to get our tvs mounted to the wall!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My 18 month is climbing everywhere, we have gone with when he falls and hurt himself he wont do it again. they have to learn about dangers and how to fall correctly

it is working pretty well tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

Same problem here, 17 month old is mad for climbing - he's up before u know it... He has kindof learned how to fall and get back down. Its more the potential for destruction on whatever he climbs on... I just need to be his shadow at home and only let people I fully trust watch him if I've an appointment. Tv is up on an oak corner unit but it's a nightmare in people's houses as tv is a giant iPad to him.
    Too young to respond to no or if I shout in terror he cries! I know he will probably laugh at me soon enough... Wondering how toddlers master "selective hearing" so young ... Hubby jokes it's a trait from his momma's side:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yes, you need eyes in the back of your head. This is why I hate going on holidays with them from age 15 months to about 3 years. It's no rest keeping them safe. I am constantly pulling her down from stuff. Best thing to keep them down is distraction into something more interesting but a few hours of that and you start to struggle to find interesting things for a toddler.

Knives, fires and scary drops are hard to beat in terms of interest. Noisey things, messy things, and food / drink work best for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement