Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nape piercing / nape tattoo.. several questions

Options
  • 14-11-2015 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hey

So, I have a tattoo on the back of my neck that is quite old, and quite crap tbh. I also have a nape piercing, which is growing out, and I do need to just take it out.

I would like to get something over the old tattoo - just to refresh it - and then get re-pierced. So, my questions are:
    1. How long after I take out this piercing can I get re-tattooed?
    2. Can I get some light tattoo over some of what I have (i.e., can I cover red with white)?
    3. There's some scar tissue from the piercing - can this be tattooed?
    4. How long after the tattoo can I get re-pierced?

I know this would be different for everyone, but just looking to get a ballpark.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Hey

So, I have a tattoo on the back of my neck that is quite old, and quite crap tbh. I also have a nape piercing, which is growing out, and I do need to just take it out.

I would like to get something over the old tattoo - just to refresh it - and then get re-pierced. So, my questions are:
    1. How long after I take out this piercing can I get re-tattooed?
    2. Can I get some light tattoo over some of what I have (i.e., can I cover red with white)?
    3. There's some scar tissue from the piercing - can this be tattooed?
    4. How long after the tattoo can I get re-pierced?

I know this would be different for everyone, but just looking to get a ballpark.

Thanks!

1. As long as the scar from the piercing is healed (silvery-whitish) and not red, you should be able to tattoo over it. Scar tissue takes a while to heal, bio oil should be used to aid the process.
    2. No. You need to go darker and bigger if you want to cover. Laser is an option, but red is a difficult colour to remove.
    3. Same as 1
    4. I would give it a good few months (sixish) to let the ink settle and the skin to heal fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Thank you. I better get started so.

That's interesting that I can't cover with a lighter colour - I thought I could. I have some experience with laser tattoo removal (admittedly about 15 years ago, as I got my first one young) and it didn't work for me at all and left me with a fair enough scar.

Advertisement