Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidayplus.ie - anyone used them ?

Options
  • 14-11-2015 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Nice looking deal in todays Independent with holidayplus.ie
    8 days in turkey , flights and half board for €299 - no extras.
    sounds to good to be true.
    just wondering has anyone travelled with them before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Luna23

Yes I saw this ad and booked over the phone. A request for half payment was sent but they do not have credit/debit card facilities. Money need to be paid through B of I. Not sure about this company. Has anyone used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭janedoe007

I didn't book yet because I wanted to see a few reviews on them first. I did a credit check on the company and they are registered here only 6 months. I wasn't too confidant about them and google search results came up as timeshare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do not pay for anything via bank transfer to any new company, especially with no reviews. You cannot get your money back if anything goes wrong. I don't see why any reputable travel agent wouldn't have card facilities.

Not an Irish company anyway. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holiday-Plus/373023902834553?fref=ts

Also, all their page links are in Spanish if you look at the URL bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rusty129

Do not heed the advertisement from the Irish Independent. The trip is only seven days not eight 6 nights accommodation not 7. Co. used for guide hopeless. Typical Turkish dictatorship. Hotels are not in Famagusta or Kyernia, eight kilometers from both towns, despite the hotels being excellent, but a bit remote. 10 euro each way to get to town. Not all trips were carried out. I had brought Turkish Lira and in the first Hotel they did not want it, only euro.On the trips if you do not avail of the lunch that the tour guide suggests the restaurant will not serve anything else. You have to pay the Tour guide for lunch. Beware of being taken to the Carpet factory, warehouse no less, and then the hard sell bordering on intimidation. Waste of three hours. I have contacted the Company and have a very vagus reply from a Mr Van Hoist Director.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement