Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boots too wide at calf

Options
  • 14-11-2015 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Just bought a pair of knee high black leather boots on Adverts- exactly what I was looking for but they are too big at the top, as in I can fit my hand in the gap.Now it doesn't look too bad,not like a welly or anything. They are extremely comfortable and flattering otherwise. Is this a complete fashion no-no to wear them like this? Opinions sought! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

If you look on New Looks website or any of the high street retailers websites, the girls modelling the knee high boots always seem to have a significant gap at the top.
    Slender girl problems ;);)

Seriously though, I have seen plenty of girls out and about and they would have a gap at the top of their boots, I think it looks fine. As long as they are comfortable on you that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Definitely as the above poster says. You'll be absolutely fine. If they were made to cling onto the top there would be a stretch element in them like some boots out there. I got some over the knees recently and they are tight on my but thats because I have fat legs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Actually I just scrolled through ASOS and most of the boots on the models have gaps alright. I wouldn't have thin legs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

My sister has this problem and got them altered by the alterations place on south Anne St,Dublin City. Worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Blingy wrote: »
    My sister has this problem and got them altered by the alterations place on south Anne St,Dublin City. Worked a treat.

thanks, I'm down the other end of the country though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

jadie wrote: »
    thanks, I'm down the other end of the country though.

I'm sure most people that do alterations could do it. Otherwise as the other posters have said its not a bad thing to have them wide fitting at the top.

Advertisement