Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus One or One Plus Two and how do they compare to reputable phones?

Options
  • 14-11-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm in the market for a new phone and I'm very interested in the One Plus phone's after reading about them online, however, I've never seen them in person as I don't know anyone who has one.

Camera and battery life are important to me.

I'm with 48 so it must be pre-pay, unlocked.

First off, is it worth spending the extra money to get the One Plus Two instead of the One Plus One? Should I consider the One Plus X at all?

Secondly, how do they compare to phone's e.g. the iPhone 5s/ 6/ 6s and the newer Nexus phones? Are they as good? Better?

I'd prefer to not spend over 500 euro on my phone (which iPhone and Nexus are) but at the same time if I'm spending a decent amount of money on a phone then I may as well buy the best I can.

If anyone knows of any great phone deals please let me know also.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

they are very good, have a OPO, very happy with it a year on

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CK701

Thanks for the reply!

Do you find the battery life good? And the camera?

Also, do you find it too big or is it a nice size?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Spec wise the new one plus two would be up there with the iphone 6s plus. I got one myself a month ago and very happy with it get at least 24 hours out of charge with nice bit of usage on the phone. Its a very big phone about same size as 6s plus which isn't for everyone. Its always worth spending a bit more to get a newer phone because the specs in it will still be fairly up to date in 1-2 years time. Support is the only down side to Oneplus as its done form Asia, quite a few lads had issues getting problems with there phones sorted. Oneplus is probably the best new phone deal going if you want android. I done quite a bit of research before getting mine and it was the stand out phone on the market for price and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CK701 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

Do you find the battery life good? And the camera?

Also, do you find it too big or is it a nice size?

Camera isnt great OOTB but you can getthe Color Camera which improves it greatly.
    Battery is good always get 24 h from it

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Camera isnt great OOTB but you can getthe Color Camera which improves it greatly.
    Battery is good always get 24 h from it

Can you explain about color camera, please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Apologies for the thread drift but I've just ordered a Oneplus Two, any idea how long it takes to arrive...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Apologies for the thread drift but I've just ordered a Oneplus Two, any idea how long it takes to arrive...?

Depends on the delivery but generally two days with express.

Thanks, I paid €25 for delivery and that was last week, the order just says processing. I thought it might take two or three weeks to arrive....

Is it true that when you buy one you receive another invite (or two) as I was thinking of buying another one....?

Thanks, I paid €25 for delivery and that was last week, the order just says processing. I thought it might take two or three weeks to arrive....

Is it true that when you buy one you receive another invite (or two) as I was thinking of buying another one....?

You should have it in a day or two so. Yea after about two weeks you will get more invites to share - I bought a phone for my girlfriend and bought one myself a week after. Just given away my three invites there.

Thanks for that, I just got notification that it has now been despatched....

• Advertisement

Just looked at the tracking and it says it's been picked up in Shenzhen, China, is this normal..?
    I thought they were dispatched from somewhere in Europe, will there be any issues with Customs and Excise with it coming from China...?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Just looked at the tracking and it says it's been picked up in Shenzhen, China, is this normal..?
    I thought they were dispatched from somewhere in Europe, will there be any issues with Customs and Excise with it coming from China...?

Had mine delivered yesterday and it was sent from China, had the same worry about customs but there's no bother, it's cleared by customs as you've already paid the duty. Only took a few days to get from China to me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Customs is looked after by OPPO. It'll only take about 2 days to get from China to Ireland. How long to get from Shannon to you is another matter. Mine was ordered late Thursday night and arrived the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone gone from a galaxy s5 to one plus 2? Im Stuck between going to an s6 or the one plus 2 and just going by reviews online

Jayop wrote: »
    Customs is looked after by OPPO. It'll only take about 2 days to get from China to Ireland. How long to get from Shannon to you is another matter. Mine was ordered late Thursday night and arrived the following Tuesday or Wednesday.

That's grand so, I'm not waiting on it urgently, I want to give this one to someone as a present for Christmas....

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone gone from a galaxy s5 to one plus 2? Im Stuck between going to an s6 or the one plus 2 and just going by reviews online

Afraid not. This is the first decent phone I've had, the last one was a crappy s3 mini.

I really do love this phone though. It's lightening fast at opening and switching between apps. Is very quick to connect with my chromecast and when I've been streaming videos from either netflix of showbox it's worked perfectly. I streamed I'm a celebrity last night from the UTV Player app using the screencast option and it worked a treat.

The battery is a but of a concern, I'm a very heavy user so I wouldn't get 24 hours from a charge and because it's USB C charging I have to carry my cable around with me everywhere. I'll get a few more cables though and that will be no problem.

Pound for pound it's a topper of a phone. Before I bought it I compared it to the 64Gb iPhone 6s and the OP2 beat it all over the place.

This is a quote from another forum I post on.
    Lets compare this to the iPhone 6 that Iccy bought a while back.

I'll compare it with the most like for like one in terms of Storage to be fair as I don't know which one Iccy ordered.

Price for PAYG
    My phone - €399
    Iccy's toy - €830

Running
    My phone - Custom Lollipop - will get Marshmallow update soon
    Iccy's toy - iOS 8

Internal Memory
    My phone - 64Gb not expandable
    Iccy's toy - 64Gb Not expandable

RAM
    My phone - 4Gb
    Iccy's toy - 1Gb

Fingerprint
    My phone - Yes
    Iccy's toy - Yes

Battery
    My phone - 3300
    Iccy's toy - 1810

FM Radio
    My phone - Yes
    Iccy's toy - No

Cameras
    My phone - 13 & 5 mp
    Iccy's toy - 8 & 1.2mp

Size
    My phone - 5.5"
    Iccy's toy -5.5"

Dual Sim
    My phone - Yes
    Iccy's toy -No

For less than half the price my phone beats Iccy's in pretty much every department and those which it doesn't beat it it's equal. It also looks much much more stylish and I don't look like a clueless Apple loving gimp when I take it out of my pocket.
    That's grand so, I'm not waiting on it urgently, I want to give this one to someone as a present for Christmas....

Lucky them!!!

Oh, the only thing I got wrong in that was saying that the OP2 has FM radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

I have a oneplus one and it is great apart from one annoying thing:

When I go somewhere with no reception it drops the signal as expected.
    However I will not automatically reconnect to my provider (three) when I come back to somewhere with reception.

I normally have to reboot the phone to reconnect - super annoying.

Anyone else experience this? I have not been able to find a suitable solution to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

adm wrote: »
    I have a oneplus one and it is great apart from one annoying thing:

When I go somewhere with no reception it drops the signal as expected.
    However I will not automatically reconnect to my provider (three) when I come back to somewhere with reception.

I normally have to reboot the phone to reconnect - super annoying.

Anyone else experience this? I have not been able to find a suitable solution to the problem.

That's not a OPO issue, it's a well documented problem with Three that's been talked about on here for years.

Pain in the ass, although I have to admit I haven't noticed it as much lately.

OP, I've had a Oneplus One for over a year now (actually, I'm on my third cuz I smashed the first two). I love the phone, wasn't interested in getting the Two as it didn't seem like much of an upgrade, really looking forward to what the Three brings!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

maximoose wrote: »
    That's not a OPO issue, it's a well documented problem with Three that's been talked about on here for years.

Pain in the ass, although I have to admit I haven't noticed it as much lately.

OP, I've had a Oneplus One for over a year now (actually, I'm on my third cuz I smashed the first two). I love the phone, wasn't interested in getting the Two as it didn't seem like much of an upgrade, really looking forward to what the Three brings!

Thanks for that. I never had the issue with previous phones though - including a xiaomi. Anyway I guess discussion of the issue is for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

OPO is missing band 20 for LTE. It's used here by meteor in parts of the country and three.

This means that where these phone operators use band 20, oneplus one won't get LTE.

Oneplus two has band 20 though so should work okay.

That phone was delivered this morning, that's pretty quick actually....

Jayop wrote: »
    Oh, the only thing I got wrong in that was saying that the OP2 has FM radio.

Are you comparing to a 6S or a 6? The front camera on the 6S 5MP, back is 12MP and 2GB RAM, 6S screen size is also 4.7" not 5.5".

If you're comparing against a 6, then the different will be big enough as one is a year old.

n1ck wrote: »
    Are you comparing to a 6S or a 6? The front camera on the 6S 5MP, back is 12MP and 2GB RAM, 6S screen size is also 4.7" not 5.5".

If you're comparing against a 6, then the different will be big enough as one is a year old.

I honestly can't remember where I got those figures from. I should have quoted them but it was a take the piss piece that I've edited out a lot of the abuse I gave the other guy.

Advertisement