Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does Argos Buy No Pay Later approval take

Options
  • 14-11-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've been searching for this within the forums but couldn't find the answer to this.

I'm wondering how long does the buy now pay later approval take. Can I go into an Argos store today and get an item with this deal or will they tell me to come back in a few days/weeks after they have done background checks etc? Or do they do all that while you wait in store?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Under normal circumstances it should only take 20 minutes. I think that only applies to Monday-Friday business hours(9-5). As its a Saturday they might tell you to come back Monday. You could chance it though.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/BuyNowPayLater.htm

You can Buy Now and Pay up to 6 months Later when you spend €275* or more at Argos
    Now you can have the things you want from Argos and make them more affordable with our Buy Now, Pay Later deal. And applying is easy, just ask in any store. You’ll need to:

Be aged 18 or over and resident in Ireland
    Bring two forms of identification
    To prove your address, we will accept a utility bill, credit card statement or current bank statement, dated within the last 3 months.
    To prove your identity, we will accept a valid passport or full driving license.
    Be able to pay 10% deposit by Chip & PIN card

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

Thanks Ken, I had been looking at that page, but it just wasn't clear if you had apply in store and wait or if they'd sort it there and then. I'll go in and ask anyway, thanks for your help. Or if anyone knows if this works on a Saturday please let me know as I won't bother heading in otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You could try google Argos and your local store to get their number and ring to see. For example here's the number for an Argos Naas search 045 839010. I suppose it doesn't really matter which one you ring. They'll probably all give you an answer to your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

Sorted thanks. Can be done any day including Saturday but they recommend you ring ahead as not all the staff are able to carry out the approval. Could take up to half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JustMeAga

Was apply today in store ,the woman said someone will call to me ..and looks like its not just 1 h .hmm

• Advertisement
Advertisement