Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil painters shopping list

Options
  • 14-11-2015 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I am a student looking at getting into art painting as a semi serious hobby :) I have bought a book on the subject but it doesn't really go into the nitty gritty of what is required so I thought I would ask here if anyone could give me a list of items that are "ESSENTIAL" in a list and then if some items are "beneficial" to a beginner I wouldn't mind them on a separate list.

I am a student so the most expensive gear is out of my budget but I am fortunate to be working so I don't necessarily have to go cheap either. a nice mid range would be nice :)

my main interest so far has been looking at landscape paintings and thinking to myself "I would love to paint that" so I imagine I will be primarily doing landscapes although I might dabble in still life's or portraits :)

if you could list the brands of paints and brushes along with the names of types and colors that would also be great thanks! and preferably if they can be bought here in Ireland that would be great although its not essential :)

Ps. this is not a debate topic so no need to fight over pthalo blue and ultramarine ;) just a few reccomendations would be nice thanks :)

Advertisement