Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a suit online

Options
  • 13-11-2015 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

OK, I usually would run a mile from something like this but am now considering as I go to weddings every bloody month and am sick of wearing the same suits to a wedding and to work.

Anyone over buy a suit from Ali express? I see some really cool wool ones and you can send your measurement. Would be interested in hearing others experiences.

Also, where could you get measured up in Dublin without actually looking to buy a suit?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

OK, I usually would run a mile from something like this but am now considering as I go to weddings every bloody month and am sick of wearing the same suits to a wedding and to work.

Anyone over buy a suit from Ali express? I see some really cool wool ones and you can send your measurement. Would be interested in hearing others experiences.

Also, where could you get measured up in Dublin without actually looking to buy a suit?

Thanks!

Avoid like the plague.

I don't wear suits regularly but I believe that suitsupply is very highly regarded as far as online suits go. You could also take a look at Charles Tyrwhitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Don't do this no suit you buy on Aliexpress will be any good let alone a made to measure one. If I were you I'd buy a suit in a shop and get it tailored or buy one off suitsupply you can get great suits for very little money and once you get them tailored they look 10 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

+1000 on Suitsupply.

I have one, the "soho" line, and it's great. Modern fit (but still ticking the classic style boxes), great material, great design. They have any number of styles and fits available. I'm about to order my second.

I also ordered online from TM Lewin - I got two suits that way. They are fine, jackets actually fitted beautifully so didn't need to get much work done other than the usual sleeves and trouser adjustments.

Advertisement