Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Chaos on the Bridge" TNG documentary

Options
  • 13-11-2015 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

If you have Netflix be sure to check out a new arrival "Chaos on the Bridge". It's a documentary about the early seasons of TNG and the behind the scenes power struggles over the show. You see the writers describe their frustration over stuff like Roddenberry's insistence that there couldn't be any conflict or argument between the crew.

It's hosted by Shatner and he talks to a lot of the writers & producers involved along with Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes & Denise Crosby. The only criticism I'd have is that at just under an hour it's a little short and I would have liked to have heard from the rest of the cast but it's a fascinating watch. Here's a trailer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gave it a watch there, t'was hugely interesting. It needed to be longer though, much longer!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

watched this last night, agree with our new overlord :pac: it could have lasted a few hours, very interesting.

The laywer guy.. what a dick and maury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

That was really good fun actually. Agreed could have been alot longer.

Would love a retrospective on the other shows

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Every time I hear how serious Patrick Stewart took his work on trek, It makes the nerd inside of me really happy. It may have started out as just a paycheck but he respected the show and fans in ways a lot of other stars dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

Kirby wrote: »
    Every time I hear how serious Patrick Stewart took his work on trek, It makes the nerd inside of me really happy. It may have started out as just a paycheck but he respected the show and fans in ways a lot of other stars dont.

What I took away from that was the Stewart is a fine actor and takes whatever project he's working on seriously, for the sake of the craft. He's also come from a different environment having been a Shakesperian actor. I'm guessing that he was probably much more disciplined from the get go than the rest of the cast. That's not detracting from the other cast members either. They ae great but I think TNG woulnd't be half the show without Stewart's involvement. Picard is iconic and much of that is down to Stewart himself. Personally I think he's head and shoulders above all ST leads, perhaps tieing with Shatner who, in fairness to him, helped mould the whole concept of a Federation captain in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

This is such an amazing documentary. I just want to talk and talk and talk about Star Trek now.

Right **** it I'm gonna watch my favourite Star Trek movie now.

I'm not telling you what it is for fear of sparking world war 3 😜😜😜😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

crazyderk wrote: »
    This is such an amazing documentary. I just want to talk and talk and talk about Star Trek now.

Right **** it I'm gonna watch my favourite Star Trek movie now.

I'm not telling you what it is for fear of sparking world war 3 😜😜😜😜

Star Trek 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm guessing First Contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

It's generations.......

*runs away after throwing a grenade

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thought ye were gonna be a complete heretic and say 'Into Darkness' or something :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement