Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETCC

Options
  • 13-11-2015 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

see etcc2015.com/invitation-to-the-2015-etcc-invitantion-letter-regulations

Regrettable whatever the reason that Ireland did not accept this invitation
    Stronger than olympiads, direct flights from Dublin, done and dusted in 10 days...

see chess-results.com/tnr191479.aspx?lan=1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prey

European Team Ch
    Event ended Sunday with the Russians winning, both men and women
    Back in the 90s Ireland regularly competed in this event in alternate years to Olympiads
    The Nov. IRL FIDE list has the Irish champion at #13 and the top junior at #12, all ~2300+
    Would have liked to see the IRL top 5 or any 5 players from #1 to #13 compete in Iceland
    IMO format close to ideal – fairly short, low cost, representative, team dynamic, really strong competition, match points over 4 boards, underdog in most matches, favourable norm conditions
    An opportunity missed I think –maybe next time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I guess with the Olympiad and the Irish Championships both taking up a full week's holidays for the main players, it may well just be that the top players don't want to give up more of their free time (Baburin and Collins as pro/semi-pro excepted I suppose)

I don't know when or why we stopped sending teams, but maybe just one year we ended up with a really weak team and the ICU decided it wasn't worth the while and expense?

Advertisement