Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend G7 gone t sh1t

Options
  • 13-11-2015 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hey

So, I bought a G7 a while back roughly 6 months. The phone was brilliant, however, im suffering some serious lag lately. Iev rebooted, done a total system reset, factory reset, downloded cleanmaster app and run it a few times daily, deleted all pics vids and music and keep apps to bare minimum. Unfortuntely it hasnt solved the problem. Were talking 10 seconds after tapping an app it might open. If im scrolling through the home screen the screen doesnt scroll for a good 5 seconds. ITs starting to get infuriating at this stage!

Anyone have the same phone/issue? Any possibe fixes?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

thehamo wrote: »
    Hey

So, I bought a G7 a while back roughly 6 months. The phone was brilliant, however, im suffering some serious lag lately. Iev rebooted, done a total system reset, factory reset, downloded cleanmaster app and run it a few times daily, deleted all pics vids and music and keep apps to bare minimum. Unfortuntely it hasnt solved the problem. Were talking 10 seconds after tapping an app it might open. If im scrolling through the home screen the screen doesnt scroll for a good 5 seconds. ITs starting to get infuriating at this stage!

Anyone have the same phone/issue? Any possibe fixes?

Cheers

Have you checked if there is an updated for it in settins update?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

If you're using an SD card in the phone, take it out and see if the phone responds quicker.
    I've read that using the SD as default storage can sometimes cause showdowns as the app data is stored there rather than on internal flash which is inherently faster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Still waiting for lollipop on mine. Have noticed it's slowed down too

@theShire
    All depends on the class(speed) of the SD, I’ve had mine set to default on the SD card without any lag etc., but I’ve a class ten card

@smilerf
    It’s still in beta, you can try it if you want links etc?
    I tried and found the camera to be sticky when moving, so didn’t want to chance bad pictures. Apart from that seemed faster and looked nice

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Get rid of cleanmaster for a start it is useless try something like ccleaner instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

cheers folks

downloaded ccleaner there so will see what difference it makes.

I dont have an sd card in the phone so certainly isnt that. Im running Kitkat on the phone, no sign of Lollipop just yet. (though ive heard bad things about lolliop?)

Just have to wait it out and see.

SD maid is best cleaner, but have to pay for full features

The phone manager built in is excellent, click on the big button and it will help you
    I've it set on smart power management and notice no lag etc
    There's also a basic cleaner in it
    Under protected apps, check apps you don't want to stay open when screen goes off

Greenify will hibernate apps you select, again best features are paid option

Check WiFi settings and turn off scanning always available

Check in phone manger apps to see if it has start up manager, having apps load you don't use will waste resources

If you're not rooted and want to get rid of built in apps, go into apps in settings and disable them

On lollipop, it's just had a second beta release, so the nature of beta means there will be issues

Only one I noticed was camera was sticky and then couldn't get xposed framework installed, no matter what version I tried

Advertisement