Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Wogan out due to his health

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I tell you it'll be a sad day when he keels over. But hey he could just have a bad cold at his age you can't be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sir Terry 77, is having a procedure on his back and is understood to have withdrawn in line with doctors' advice.
    He said he would miss "our wonderful, inspiring evening" but would still be "watching, cheering and donating".

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34803750

Hope he is back on his feet soon.

I read his autobiography a while back, he comes across well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I hope he gets better soon but I never really thought he was right for CIN.
    It's probably just me but he comes across a bit dreary on the night...he's not funny and generally looks bored.

I wonder who they'll replace him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

fussyonion wrote: »
    he's not funny

I think he's really funny. :o

I only watched the Eurovision for his commentary!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I can't stand the man. He tries too hard to be funny and fails every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Dermot O'Leary to fill in for Terry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

means there no other usual TV tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dermot doing is bit fair play and making sure this will help with him being Knighted at sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Dermot O'Leary to fill in for Terry

......and Mr Tubs on his Sunday morning radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hope he gets better soon but I never really thought he was right for CIN.

This was the first time he missed it at the 36th time of asking. Yes, the thirty-sixth.

Just sayin'. :o:o;)

Dermot seems to have received generally positive reviews for his stand-in duties. Should Tel leave CIN permanently, would he be the best man to take over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This was the first time he missed it at the 36th time of asking. Yes, the thirty-sixth.

Dermot seems to have received generally positive reviews for his stand-in duties. Should Tel leave CIN permanently, would he be the best man to take over?

Yeah, Dermot is a natural and he would be an obvious choice to front CIN full time (if he wanted it). From what I saw he did a great job after being thrown in at the deep end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm over visiting my dad and he insists on watching it. I thought Dermot did an excellent job, realising it wasn't about him and letting the acts and stories speak for themselves, seemed genuinely touched by some of what the kids were/are going through, he did a really great job and would love to see him do the job again and I'm not a big fan of his usually. Matt Baker on his trike thing was terrific with the young people he had along on the ride too, both presenters went well up in my estimations (and well up I did, on several occasions). The blonde one from strictly dancing was as vapid as usual though.

He was surprisingly good in Being Human.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I can't stand the man. He tries too hard to be funny and fails every time.

I always felt the opposite. That he didn't really try yet was funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Does Sir Terry get paid for Children In Need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Does Sir Terry get paid for Children In Need?

£1300 an hour in previous years and he said he hadn't realised he was getting paid. Only person in front of camera who gets paid apparently.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/children-in-need/11992551/Terry-Wogan-pulls-out-of-BBC-Children-in-Need-over-health-concerns.html

And now, of course, Tel has left CIN permanently - only no-one expected him to leave this world at the same time. :(:(:(:(:(

It's likely that Dermot will now be offered the job full-time. Were he to turn it down, then Graham Norton would probably be the next man to go to.

The respective odds on Dara Ó Briain, Chris Evans, Matt Baker and Vernon Kay probably wouldn't be too long either. They probably would be for Phillip Schofield and Eamonn Holmes, however - Pip's very much an ITV man these days, while Eamonn is perhaps a little too serious for the funny bits.

As for Xander Armstrong, Richard Osman, Tim Vine and Dale Winton? Wishful thinking, unfortunately. :o:o:o

Regardless who gets the job, though, CIN will simply never be the same again. We're all going to miss you, Terry. :(:(:(

BOB010216_3563755b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

That picture of the Teddy gets me every time Harvey! :( RIP Terry

That picture of the Teddy gets me every time Harvey! :( RIP Terry

Yep, Pudsey's just as devastated as everyone else.

birdie-wogan-tribute-MAIN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ah Harvey stop...

I have a Pudsey I bought for little grey when I worked in the BBC......:(

We were both so sorry for his demise.......RIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement