Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp fm

Options
  • 12-11-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Is Tipp Fm 24hrs? If so any overnight talk repeat? Because i hate overnight music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

They repeat the morning chat show at midnight..Its three hours in the morning,I am not sure if they repeat all of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Tommy0071 wrote: »
    Why is Andrew Looby back on air. His show is pure crap?

interesting comment Thomas.
    Do you listen to STGHR FM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tommy0071

PacMan wrote: »
    interesting comment Thomas.
    Do you listen to STGHR FM ?

Yes I do and I understand that STGHR is only a volunteer radio station. Music seems to have changed and no longer hearing the same songs when nobody on air.

Why is Andrew Looby back on air. His show is pure crap?

Could you give a little more information as to why you think this? I imagine those who gave him the gig,dont have the same opinion that you do?

Yes I do and I understand that STGHR is only a volunteer radio station. Music seems to have changed and no longer hearing the same songs when nobody on air.

Interesting Thomas.
    In Your six posts on boards.ie, four have been negative regarding Tipp FM, One was a wonderful review of STGHR-FM and contained very detailed information regarding transmission etc of the station, (and the final post was regarding a subject not related to broadcasting)

Would I be correct in the assumption that You are a volunteer on Hospital radio (STGHR-FM),

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Lmao Looks like Andrew Looby pissed off poor Thomas . Your intitled to say it’s crap but you need to back that up with reasons why .

johnplayer wrote: »
    Lmao Looks like Andrew Looby pissed off poor Thomas . Your intitled to say it’s crap but you need to back that up with reasons why .

You werent that happy with the preenter yourself when he started...You were fairly harsh in the local radio thread....

You werent that happy with the preenter yourself when he started...You were fairly harsh in the local radio thread....

I only pointed out how confident he sounded . I never said he was crap !!

I only pointed out how confident he sounded . I never said he was crap !!

I think you need to go back to that thread and read what you posted again..You said he was full of himself,and you even talked about him in the pub...you even suggested he may have health problems....

I think you need to go back to that thread and read what you posted again..You said he was full of himself,and you even talked about him in the pub...you even suggested he may have health problems....

That’s not very fair . The context of the conversation was that people in general that appear confident very often lack confidence and very often critical of themselves. Often people in entertainment will tell you it’s all just a show .

• Advertisement

That’s not very fair . The context of the conversation was that people in general that appear confident very often lack confidence and very often critical of themselves. Often people in entertainment will tell you it’s all just a show .

Full of confidence and a smart arse,and probably the same off air is how you described him....That goes a bit further than saying he is confident,would you agree..

Full of confidence and a smart arse,and probably the same off air is how you described him....That goes a bit further than saying he is confident,would you agree..

Ok apologies if that’s what I said . Now that I’ve become used to his approach and humor I really enjoy it .

interesting to note, that Tommy or Thomas (Surname withheld) has deleted his comments regarding Andrew Looby.

wonder why ??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Einstein A. Gogo

As local radio goes Tipp FM is among the best. It's one of the few that fulfills most of it's remit and sounds tight. I like Andrew Loobys music choice and his style fits in well. The Liar Liar thing is cringey though.

As local radio goes Tipp FM is among the best. It's one of the few that fulfills most of it's remit and sounds tight. I like Andrew Loobys music choice and his style fits in well. The Liar Liar thing is cringey though.

He wouldnt have a choice in what he plays....I agree about the liar liar comment

I dont know what Liar Lair means but id say they have someone else that picks the music . Theres a thing in radio called playlisting where someone has the job of telling the presenter what type of songs sound best .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

It's a long time since there was a comment here, so here goes.

Listening to Fran Curry interviewing Seamus Healy this morning, the hard questions he did not ask !

You are aged 73 ! Would you not consider giving a younger person a chance ?

You are receiving a considerable amount of money in pensions...........at least three (1) your previous employment in the Health Board. ...(2 )old age pension......(3) Dail pension.

As there is full employment in Clonmel maybe you should change the groups name to Workers and UNEMPLOYABLE ?

Fran is a very suave broadcaster but it seems that he is unable to ask the hard questions.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Expunge

I always get the impression that Fran would rather be off doing a gig, playing some of his Gawdawful, country n' Irish, black puddin' music instead of doing current affairs. He's not great at it but he's good enough for Tipp FM, I guess.

Advertisement