Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter / Leisure battery

Options
  • 12-11-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Folks, a question for the tecnically minded among you. A friend tells me that it's important that the engine starter battery is of the same Ah as the leisure Battery, his reasoning for this is, that if the starter battery is less Ah, say 90Ah, and the leisure is 110Ah, that once the 90 is reached, the charging will cease, and not fully charge the 110 Ah one. I don't agree with him on that , so would someone out there settle that argument. I have a pint of the black stuff bet on it, and I feel a thirst coming on ,Cheers.

Comments

Absolute waffle, a 90Ah linked to a 110Ah is a 200Ah battery. They'll finished charging when they're finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Thanks for that Sir Liamalot, I'm going to enjoy winning that little wager . Cheers

You could mention boats often run 1000Ah+ house banks with a split charging ~80Ah starter. ;)

Advertisement