Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm

Options
  • 12-11-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I was wondering if you can help me with a few questions. I have just bought a house with a 10 year old HKC Alarm. I have no codes and was looking to turn the alarm back on, it had battery fault displayed. I have replaced the battery and tried defaulting the panel. When re-activating the alarm it says "Engineer Locked" and none of the default codes work?

Is there any way of getting this panel back on line, will HKC supply new chip?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need an engineer to default the panel for you. Some of the staff in HKC try to tell people they need to be returned to them. They don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KokaKola

Okay thanks, is there anyway I can get the engineering code? Do you get them if you buy a new panel?

I am a an Electrical Engineer therefore very comfortable installing and configuring the panel, but can't get the codes?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.
    A new panel would come with the factory default codes but the panel can be defaulted by a good engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KokaKola

Ok, many thanks for your help and quick response, very impressed. Will come back again if any problems with the new panel.

Your welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 123JohnJoe123

Hi Lads. I cant figure out how to use this website.....I have a HKC 10/70 hybrid panel with a proximity tag for the keypad. There are no instructions how to program this proximity tag in order for the RKP to recognise it. Does anyone know how to do this? It 'beeps' when I bring it near the RKP but does not arm/disarm it.

Have you engineer access to this panel?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you engineer access to this panel?
    Yes. It's a new alarm I have installed.I have full access

You should then be able to goto users and enable /enrol your fob.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You should then be able to goto users and enable /enrol your fob.

Thank you. I will try that later today and let you know

• Advertisement

Thank you. I will try that later today and let you know

That worked. Thank you again for your help. One last question if you have time to answer. I didn't buy the mobile phone card that text or rings when there is an alarm because I wasn't sure if it was subscription based or not. Do you know if it is subscription based and if it isn't, is it easy to program? Could I contact you again through this page if I run into problems if I decide to buy one?

If you use HKCs managed sim card you do have to pay a subscription for the use of that or their apps. A prepay sim will usually work out cheaper.
    Ofcourse, come back to me here anytime if you need any help or info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

That worked. Thank you again for your help. One last question if you have time to answer. I didn't buy the mobile phone card that text or rings when there is an alarm because I wasn't sure if it was subscription based or not. Do you know if it is subscription based and if it isn't, is it easy to program? Could I contact you again through this page if I run into problems if I decide to buy one?

You can use a GSM-Q which you provide your own sim card for.
    Another option is a DTV which uses your phone line for voice.
    Both are easily installed once you have the engineer code.

Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thank you for that.

No problem, if you have any other questions give us a shout :)

Advertisement