Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outlook Looking For Password

• 12-11-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I have a problem with outlook looking for a password. I have a few computers networked and I was fixing outlook on one of them and since then it is asking for a password on one of the other computers that uses the same email account in outlook. I would be grateful if anyone could help.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It's looking to re-authenticate with the mail server.

If you are using exchange re -enter the logged in users domain password.
    If it's an online email account re-enter the password for that user.

LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

If the password has changed recently, check the credential manager to ensure the credentials have updated in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Another answer but a bit off the wall DO NOTHING! I used to get this regularly when I had an eircom email address. Nothing wrong with Outlook just that eircoms servers used to be off line or screw up and the only thing Outlook knew was it wasn't getting a response saying it had connected to the server so asked for a password to try again. Eventually it would connect if you typed nothing and just kept hitting OK (or what ever the button said - so long since I used it).

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

😋.

Advertisement