Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Clothes for Winter (Female)

Options
  • 11-11-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Im really clueless when it comes to fashion, so looking for some advice for suitable winter office wear.

Work in a formal office, generally wear navy or black trouser or skirts (with heavy tights), boots or pumps, and shirts with cardis over, not very adventurous I know! Have suit jackets for meetings then.

I would like to start wearing dresses over tights/leggings with boots, but don't really know where to start. Where are the best places to pick up work wear? And what am I going for? Knitted style, or other?

I generally go for H&M (think I own a lot of their stuff at this stage and it doenst change that much) and Dunnes really.

Would love some grey trousers and skirts too, and just to jazz up what I am wearing a bit, as feel like it is awful boring at this stage1

Im 5ft 9, size 12/14

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I got some really nice bits in Dorothy Perkins recently. I never normally shop there but I was after some new work wear and got some lovely dresses and they lots more to choose from.

66833324_2_large.jpg

66832562_2_large.jpg

I got these 2 over the weekend and they are even on sale now! I didn't even think they looked much on the hanger but they were so nice on. Lots of other nice dresses on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

hi that first dress, is it lined? was admiring it on the website

jadie wrote: »
    hi that first dress, is it lined? was admiring it on the website

It is lined but because it is kind of skater style the lining didn't bother me. I normally hate any skirts or dresses with lining!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I got some really nice bits in Dorothy Perkins recently. I never normally shop there but I was after some new work wear and got some lovely dresses and they lots more to choose from.

<SNIP>

I got these 2 over the weekend and they are even on sale now! I didn't even think they looked much on the hanger but they were so nice on. Lots of other nice dresses on the website.

They are really fab, and I would generally not go for that style. Handy with a polo neck underneath, or a shirt either, will def be checking out DP at the weekend thanks for the heads up!

There was loads more I liked as well! I think DP is an untapped resource. They had lovely long sleeved blouses and pencil skirts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Have to say I love Next for workwear. I think the quality is generally a bit better than some of the other high street stores. Prices are usually about average but can go up dear enough. They've a nice work wear edit here including some lovely grey pieces. I love grey, it looks great with a neutral palette or paired up with brighter colours like lemon or hot pink. If you click through the pages there's also some lovely dresses in various colours and some ideas on how to incorporate a pop of colour to a simpler outfit.

Also some nice grey dresses here, here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

It is lined but because it is kind of skater style the lining didn't bother me. I normally hate any skirts or dresses with lining!

I'm the opposite, hate dresses and skirts that aren't lined. DP's is nice enough but some of the stuff can be cheap looking, I've ordered before and had to return. Next has some better quality stuff alright but you'll also pay more for it.

Advertisement