Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford 'DSR' asking for address!?

Options
  • 11-11-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I have my car booked in for motorcraft service tomorrow and today i get a call by the ford dealership saying they need my address for DSR input.
    I didnt like the sound of it because it leads me to think i will just be getting mail etc. Asked her what its needed for once you know the reg and why its needed and how it will help me she didnt have a good answer. So told her i wasnt willing to give my address just for having my car serviced as i didnt see any point other than getting unnecessarily giving personal data over to Ford. She kept pressing and it raised my heckles and dug my feet in and refused. Told her i appreciated she had a job to do but i dont see the point and am not comfortable giving personal info over for a car service.
    Not sure was i being harsh but if so can someone explain the upside for me?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can't see it being a problem. All their invoicing etc would be done through a crm system which would likely require an address, phone number etc.
    you can opt out of marketing.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Service Reminder. Recall notices. I had a motorcraft service fairly recently, and I'm pretty sure I gave my name address, email (maybe?) and mobile. Nothing I'd be uncomfortable with giving really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,338 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MarkR wrote: »
    Service Reminder. Recall notices. I had a motorcraft service fairly recently, and I'm pretty sure I gave my name address, email (maybe?) and mobile. Nothing I'd be uncomfortable with giving really.

+1 maybe they'd mail you with a special service offer in 6 months time, where's the harm in that? Can't see any problem with it.

You'll be selling that car at some stage and the prospective buyer may not like the look of a service invoice that has your name and no address on it. 'No fixed address' doesn't have a good ring to it in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 maybe they'd mail you with a special service offer in 6 months time, where's the harm in that? Can't see any problem with it.

You'll be selling that car at some stage and the prospective buyer may not like the look of a service invoice that has your name and no address on it. 'No fixed address' doesn't have a good ring to it in this country!

Eh?, totally wouldnt want them privy to my address thank you!. Cant see any upside for me from what ive read already.
    Dont think ive ever bought a car from a garage and known the previous owners address(just county). I mean why cant they do this DSR classification without needing to know the address!?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

califano wrote: »
    Eh?, totally wouldnt want them privy to my address thank you!. Cant see any upside for me from what ive read already.
    Dont think ive ever bought a car from a garage and known the previous owners address(just county). I mean why cant they do this DSR classification without needing to know the address!?

Your info would surely not be passed on to third parties. It's for internal reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

MarkR wrote: »
    Your info would surely not be passed on to third parties. It's for internal reference.

Yeah im sure this is the case but i havent got a good reason why the need it. I just see unsolicited stuff arrive to my house from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They have your tel. Number. That's all they would need. They can trace you through the tax office if they need to do a recall on your car,VW did this with me recently. I don't blame you op,there's enough site coming it through the letterbox.

Advertisement