Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nude tights

Options
  • 11-11-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Ok to wear at end of Nov for a 30th party?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

These things make me smile. You would not ask that somewhere with -20 in winter. ;)

I wear them, but if you are going for nude pick something that is good quality and matches your skin tone. Avoid orange and shiny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

Haha :)

I wear them too but was just wondering ok to wear at end of Nov but guess it's a yes:

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Yes, if you have good legs and nice shoes. [sorry if that is very blunt]

That is to say, darker ones are more tactful on a person who wishes to get the most flattery in her legwear.

But the skin tones can be stunning, just that they are more revealing of colour and shape, etc (and some would say, that they call for legs to be shaved, too: though not everyone has to agree)

I think all tights call for legs to be shaved. At least the ones worn with more evening wear which are as far as I know not supposed go past 40 den. Btw I would more often wear darker tights but they don't go with everything and nude stuff is having a bit of a come back lately. Tights/hold up or whatever are just part of the outfit and you use whatever works.

Hi, thanks guys.

I can't believe I am doing this but these are my legs wearing nude tights.

Yeh or neh to wear or go with black?

I won't be offended by any answer.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Smile111 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks guys.

I can't believe I am doing this but these are my legs wearing nude tights.

Yeh or neh to wear or go with black?

I won't be offended by any answer.

Thank you.
    You are fine. You wouldn't wear black tights with your dresses in summer so why worry now. Just avoid liquid shine stuff. Those are not flattering on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Smashing! Specially with a nice heel. 'Twill be great, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

I love my nudes. Wolford satin touch 20 den or neon 40 den both in gobi for me. They are both quite sheer but I really like that and don't get the negatives. For November definitely go with the neon 40. Great for all year round. Comfy, harder wearing than any other tights iv owned and really flattering on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It depends far more on the dress/outfit you are planning to wear. That's what I would match my tights against.

dudara wrote: »
    It depends far more on the dress/outfit you are planning to wear. That's what I would match my tights against.

That's sort of self explanatory I think. Because nude tights had such a bad reputation I think women tend to think of them only when black tights won't work. :D Personally I think nude tights are much better look than bare skin that resembles plucked chicken because of cold. :D But I think a lot of especially Americans disagree.

As by the by I absolutely despise Gobi shade of Walford tights on me. It doesn't work for my skin tone and just shows that you can wear some of the best tights around and they will still look bad if you pick the wrong shade.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, going to wear a black skort with either a long sleeve white top or a long sleeve black top. I have never tried the Walford tights but they are supposed to be great if can get correct shade. I will stick to my trusty Dunnes for now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I never tire of singing the praises of ''Marie Claire'' tights. Especially their sheer skintones. Great selection of shades, sheens and deniers. And best of all, they come reasonably prices.

meeeeh wrote: »
    As by the by I absolutely despise Gobi shade of Walford tights on me. It doesn't work for my skin tone and just shows that you can wear some of the best tights around and they will still look bad if you pick the wrong shade.
    Try out some of their other shades. Maybe cosmetic?

Oh I know, I had a feeling Gobi does not match my skin tone (too much pink undertone) but I listened to shop assistant. Anyway at the moment Oroblu ladder resistant are my favourite everyday tights anyway at the moment.

Oh I know, I had a feeling Gobi does not match my skin tone (too much pink undertone) but I listened to shop assistant. Anyway at the moment Oroblu ladder resistant are my favourite everyday tights anyway at the moment.
    I just had a quick browse online. They look like they have some fab designs. Who stocks them here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FluffyMcCardy

I never tire of singing the praises of ''Marie Claire'' tights. Especially their sheer skintones. Great selection of shades, sheens and deniers. And best of all, they come reasonably prices.
    I agree. Saw them in supermarkets and assumed they were a bit iffy. But one night I realised I needed a nude pair of tights so bought them in Supervalu along with the wine. The control top version, (ahem). I was delighted with them. I recommended them to anyone who'll listen.

I think you can get some on dress my legs and you can order them direct. Their delivery is free but it takes about a week. I don't know who stocks them in the bricks and mortar shops. I buy tights often when visiting my parents, I can get Omsa or Sisi for about half the price of what they sold here (I don't think there is much difference in the price of Falke, Oroblu or Wolford). Btw if anyone is in the countries where german chemist Muller has its shops they have very good and well priced selection of tights and you can also pick up some ob tampons. :D

I must sound obsessive but I wear a lot of skirts and dresses and kids mostly wear shoes with velcro straps. They are a killer for tights so I go through quite a few pairs.

Im willing to give them a try. Im the same. I wear tights every day so I like to buy quality. Wolford I just find fab and get so many wears from each pair. More than anything I have ever tried. I am the master of catching my leg with my heal! I do appreciate they are extremely expensive however. I will order some Oroblu on dress my legs. Next time you are visiting your parents pick me up Omsa and Sisi tights :p

Can you tell me Meeeh what shade Oroblu tights work for you? Thanks

Sable. Sun is also nice for thinner tights but I think it could be too dark for thicker ones. if you use fake tan you might want to go for sun. Also just to clarify, my skin is fairly pale but it has olive undertone.

It's a bit of a trial and error for me. Out of three pairs I buy there is one that I like. :D

• Advertisement

Sable. Sun is also nice for thinner tights but I think it could be too dark for thicker ones. if you use fake tan you might want to go for sun. Also just to clarify, my skin is fairly pale but it has olive undertone.

It's a bit of a trial and error for me. Out of three pairs I buy there is one that I like. :D

Thanks a mil:)

Cant seem to find this ladder resistant ones on dressmylegs at all. I might just try some of the other types out if I get them because I'm curious now!

http://www.oroblu.eu/legwear.html?occasione=224

If you don't mind waiting the delivery is free.

Thank you!

Advertisement