Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Employment Medical

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been told that I have to do a pre-employment Medical for Pfizer. Does anyone know what this medical involves? I may have smoked a joint last weekend and am worried this will be flagged
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Most pre employment medicals will include an alcohol and drug test,And I would say the likes of Pfizer do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭skallywag

Pfizer will almost definitely do a drugs test as part of the medical, I know for a fact that other pharma companies do. You can't do anything about last weekend now, so no point in worrying about it, but I'd keep it clean from this point onwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Do you mind me asking what job within Pfizer this was for? I've applied for a couple and waiting to hear back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Most companys do a straight forward medical which includes a blood test, this would normally check for drugs so if there is anything in your system this will show up, not sure how long anything would stay in you system but as previous post said no point in worrying about this. All they want to do is get a base line for your health when you enter they company, but drugs is a big no no , best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

The alcohol and drugs test are done using a sample of your urine and it shows up more or less straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Richees

Its for a QA job. And yeah that's what I thought. Let's hope its out of my system by Wednesday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caringbear92

Does anyone know if mild scoliosis can cause one to be considered 'unfit' for work in a pharmaceutical company as a QC analyst?

Advertisement