Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Station Auto Announcements

Options
  • 10-11-2015 8:09pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

I was trying to find out a bit more about Irish Rail's auto announcer setup - it seems to be installed in my local station but it only ever plays the "Mind the Gap" announcement in the British accent. I've only ever heard it actually announce trains in either Connolly, Tara St or Heuston.

An old report I found online about real-time data said more or less that it's not connected at all with the signalling and only operates manually... Just wondering if anyone knew any more about it? To be fair to Irish Rail, it's voiced very well by Michael Comyn of RTE fame, but is it routinely being used across the network?

Advertisement