Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are some phones more reliable/stable than others?

Options
  • 10-11-2015 7:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having issues with my Oneplus one and I'm getting pretty sick of it now. At first the screen was just not responding - known issue, told to do this and that to fix it, turn off features I like. Then I'm having call quality issues, it's practically unusable at this stage.

I'm getting bored of this and just want a phone that works, all the time. Maybe a silly question but are some phones or brands more reliable than others?

I hate iPhones but I appreciate why some people love them for the simplicity and the 'it just works' appeal.

Is there an Android that is more stable than the rest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have you put another ROM on it? Cyanogenmod is meant to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

i think you'll get bad batches in all phones, not really aware of any standing out as being known to avoid at all costs. Maybe motorolla & the moto g though from reading a thread on here, seems to be quite a few with calls dropping.

from the software side of things you're probably better with a Nexus, as the others are messing with it from then on. even the custom ROM guys f things up - though they're more likely to fix than the OEMs.

btw you might want to change that thread title to get more views :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Might want to look at the thread title.

I suppose you get what you pay for. Not much support for those phones once they start acting up. That's the chance you took.

Maybe stick with the mainstream brands?

I've a smart ultra 6 and it does the job.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Zascar wrote: »
    Then I'm having call quality issues, it's practically unusable at this stage.

I'm getting bored of this and just want a phone that works, all the time. Maybe a silly question but are some phones or brands more reliable than others?

I had this problem too - I could hear people fine but they couldn't hear me - said I sounded like a I was underwater. Found to solution on the OPO forums - only works on Cyanogenmod though. You need to turn off OK Google detection from any screen, you'll find it under Settings—>language and input - > Google voice typing->ok google detection->from any screen. It seems to get turned back on again when the Google settings app updates so you'll have to turn it off again if this happens.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Nexus might be a good idea I like the idea of quick updates etc.
    digitaldr wrote: »
    I had this problem too - I could hear people fine but they couldn't hear me - said I sounded like a I was underwater. Found to solution on the OPO forums - only works on Cyanogenmod though. You need to turn off OK Google detection from any screen, you'll find it under Settings—>language and input - > Google voice typing->ok google detection->from any screen. It seems to get turned back on again when the Google settings app updates so you'll have to turn it off again if this happens.

Dam it, that makes sense. I had turned it off already but maybe it came back on and started giving the problem because of it.... And I've just wiped and reinstalled stock Cm12 too. Ugh.

Nexus might be a good idea I like the idea of quick updates..

• Advertisement
Advertisement