Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8" Tablet Samsung Tab S 8.4 or Asus Z580CA

• 10-11-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

As per the title, both are similarly priced:

Asus Spec Overview:

Lollipop 5.0
    4Gb RAM
    64Gb Storage
    2.33GHz Intel Atom Quad Core
    Screen: 2048 x 1536 pixels
    USB-C connector

Samsung Tab S 8.4
    ARM Exynos 5 Octa Core 1.9GHz
    3GB RAM
    16GB Storage
    Android 4.4

I'm not sure. Any recommendations? from what I've read, the Tab S is an old Samsung model. I'm not prepared to stretch to the price of the Tab S2. However, it seems to have a decent processor and RAM.
    The ASUS comes with a lot of bloatware, but with higher pixel count, 1GB more RAM, Android 5.0, 64GB memory and future proofing with the USB-C connector. It also costs slightly (but more by much) less than the Samsung.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Belox

Looks like holy war is coming ;) My personal vote goes for Asus just because I am totally satisfied with any Asus product I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Belox wrote: »
    Looks like holy war is coming ;)

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Belox

Holy war - a flame-war between two or more people that neither party can win (I meant Asus vs Samsung lovers). Post count tells me I was wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It seesm that as the Samsung is an old model, for slightly less money the Asus would be the better buy. The problem of the bloatware can be resolved, by deleting the items or at the very least hiding them.

I know you are a fan of Asus, but objectively which is the better option?

Advertisement