Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen gone

Options
  • 10-11-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

My laptop screen is now showing just blue/grey screen as seen in the attached pic. Not sure what happened to it, I may have knocked it off the ground when putting it down too hard!
    There is a thin horizontal strip where the normal OS is showing (i.e. my desktop icons etc). But it's mostly indistinguishable blue/grey

The laptop is an Asus K56 series. Note that it outputs to an TV fine through HDMI.

I'm hoping that it's a ribbon connector or something I can fix myself. But I'll take it into a shop if it's the screen itself that's damaged.

Any advice appreciated!
    IMG_20151102_231259.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Any advice/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you can fix the ribbon connector yourself you'll be able to fix the screen easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there,

As suggested above could be ribbon cable r grapic card could be gone,plug it into another monitor and see if you get picture if you do it grapic card hope i helped

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I am having the same problem with hp 15-r211na, when powered up the screen is black/ dark blue.
    On external monitor is fine. I thought that the screen is gone, but I tested it on different laptop and is OK, so the only ribbon cable did not try yet. I suspect the graphic card issue. I ll try to find a ribbon cable first.

emy wrote: »
    I am having the same problem with hp 15-r211na, when powered up the screen is black/ dark blue.
    On external monitor is fine. I thought that the screen is gone, but I tested it on different laptop and is OK, so the only ribbon cable did not try yet. I suspect the graphic card issue. I ll try to find a ribbon cable first.

Hi there,

Ribbon cable is located in back screen of laptop you will need to take screen off and replace cable google it plenty videos out there on how to do it just take your time and remember where the screws go hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

kodistar wrote: »
    Hi there,

Ribbon cable is located in back screen of laptop you will need to take screen off and replace cable google it plenty videos out there on how to do it just take your time and remember where the screws go hahaha.

Well, I am familiar with laptops/PCs, is not that difficult to change it, the problem is i do not have it and it costs quite a few good quid, i finally found a cheap one just over 6 euros.
    I did not want to pay much for it in case is not the cable fault, so for 6 euros is not that much. :)

Nope not at all if it fixes the problem well worth it.hope it works for you,if it doesnt you might need to do gpu reflow its a temp fix for 6 months but might work before you have to go out and buy a new one.

Advertisement